Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Can I look after 2 under 1's temporarily?

(4 Posts)
Katturnerchildcare Mon 06-Dec-10 17:23:03

Hello I work very part time and don't fill my spaces (have one 5 year old 6 hours a week) and only one child (16 months) of my own. Is it worth me asking Ofsted if I could care for 2 under 1's for 2 days a week for a 6 week period??

Basically I am caring for a 9 month old from June to July 2011 and have been approached my someone with a child of the same age who wants me to care for their son twice a week. Is it even worth me contacting Ofsted?

Thanks, K

dmo Mon 06-Dec-10 17:32:47

might as well, Ofsted can only say no

just have to explain how you will get both babies and a 16mth old out and about safely, how you will feed 3 at once and where will they sleep smile

Katturnerchildcare Mon 06-Dec-10 18:02:34

Thanks for the advice :-)

ChildrenAtHeart Tue 07-Dec-10 23:53:18

If you ring Ofsted they will email or post you a variation request form and on that you need to show how you will meet the needs of the children. Unlike the 4 under 5 variations there's no requirement for continuity of care so if you can show you can safely care for 2 under 1 you should be ok

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: