Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Can I look after 2 under 1's temporarily?

(4 Posts)
Katturnerchildcare Mon 06-Dec-10 17:23:03

Hello I work very part time and don't fill my spaces (have one 5 year old 6 hours a week) and only one child (16 months) of my own. Is it worth me asking Ofsted if I could care for 2 under 1's for 2 days a week for a 6 week period??

Basically I am caring for a 9 month old from June to July 2011 and have been approached my someone with a child of the same age who wants me to care for their son twice a week. Is it even worth me contacting Ofsted?

Thanks, K

dmo Mon 06-Dec-10 17:32:47

might as well, Ofsted can only say no

just have to explain how you will get both babies and a 16mth old out and about safely, how you will feed 3 at once and where will they sleep smile

Katturnerchildcare Mon 06-Dec-10 18:02:34

Thanks for the advice :-)

ChildrenAtHeart Tue 07-Dec-10 23:53:18

If you ring Ofsted they will email or post you a variation request form and on that you need to show how you will meet the needs of the children. Unlike the 4 under 5 variations there's no requirement for continuity of care so if you can show you can safely care for 2 under 1 you should be ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now