Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Bugger, qualification certificate ruined!

(16 Posts)
MilkNoSugarPlease Sat 04-Dec-10 19:53:40

Leaky pipe in basement has ruined a box of stuff including CRB andFirst aid certificate- no biggie I need to redo first aid anyway

But it has wrecked my Childcare level 2 certificate and Health and social care certificate

can I get replacements?!

ChippingIn Sat 04-Dec-10 19:55:08

You must be able to. They might not be as 'pretty' but you will be able to get paperwork to say you have done it.

Buggering Bastard leak though

nannynick Sat 04-Dec-10 23:00:44

Replacement Certificate (CACHE) are not cheap.

So if the certificate is still in one piece, try drying it out slowly. Also if you have used an agency in the past couple of years, they may have a photocopy on file which perhaps you could have a copy of - thus use the photocopy and have the dried original as backup.

Oligo Sat 04-Dec-10 23:07:13

Can your contents/other insurance pay for new one?

MilkNoSugarPlease Sun 05-Dec-10 01:32:26

Contents MAY cover it, but it's just not worth it...was issued in 2006 (I think confused )

As far as I can work out, it's £36 each

Not cheap but not the end of the world either for a bit of paper

It wrecked unfortunatly, no way drying them out will work

oh well, at least I CAN get replacements

one problem though...I can't remember the centre number for either of the sixth forms I did them in! shall I ring the schools?

Thank you all!

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 05-Dec-10 11:08:21

what a pain, but surprised you keep certificates in the basement and not in a folder for when you take to interviews?

tbh £36 to replace isnt that bad imho

hope you get it sorted smile

MilkNoSugarPlease Sun 05-Dec-10 11:43:00

They were in a cardboard file box thingy....been in the same job for 2.5y so havent needed them

But may leave thi job in March so will need them soon!

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 05-Dec-10 12:13:48

oic - guess as i do ad hoc/temp i have my folder always at hand

hope you manage to dry it out/get it replaced

good luck with interviews - what area are you in?

MilkNoSugarPlease Sun 05-Dec-10 12:21:05

I do do some ad hoc work, but is all through word of mouth and no one ever wants to see the certificates!

Thanks

North London, I preferably want to stay with the family I'm with now and find some work to fit around the hours I've lost due to youngest being at nursery (tues-thurs 8-2) but it seems impossible.

So I think I need to leave and find another full time job ( )

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 05-Dec-10 12:23:33

so they dont want/pay you for those hours?

what happened if child is ill/holidays?

thats the worst thing about nannying, leaving

MilkNoSugarPlease Sun 05-Dec-10 12:38:11

Nope! If she's ill or its holidays then I get paid extra, overtime really...but because of the amount of money lost per month, I either need to fill the hours or leave

Would much rather the first but I can't be silly about it, I need to think of my finances....am really gutted about it tbh!

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 05-Dec-10 12:39:44

very hard to fill those kind of hours

maybe a mum who wants a bit of me time - have you tried advertising on nj/netmums etc?

BikeRunSki Sun 05-Dec-10 12:48:52

I got a replacement C&G certificate a few years ago. Ordered it from website, arrived quickly, but cost about £30.

MilkNoSugarPlease Sun 05-Dec-10 12:50:52

Stupid hours to fill

Have tried Gumtree and asking ALOT of friends to spread the word etc, had a couple of informal interviews, but nothings materialised from them

will try NM, Thanks!

NannyBeth Sun 05-Dec-10 14:29:33

Have a look at local playgroups etc as well - I worked in a playgroup up north that did morning sessions, so I was only working 9-12 (well actually more like 830-1230 with set up and pack away time). Doesn't pay amazing, but its something to do, a bit of extra money and we had school holidays off.

Or even ask at your charges nursery when you do drop off/pick up?? Even if you can be bank staff while you look for something else!

MilkNoSugarPlease Sun 05-Dec-10 15:13:03

That could work tbh! Working at her nursery would be perfect! but I highly doubt they need anyone unfortunately

I really didn't think it would be THIS hard to fill the hours!

I'm not worried about making the same money i've lost, but just something to buffer the loss would be good!!

thanks all

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: