Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Do childminders accept childcare vouchers and childcare tax credits?

(4 Posts)
lovingpickles Thu 02-Dec-10 14:22:13

Title says it all really. Is this at the childminder's discretion?

looneytune Thu 02-Dec-10 14:49:35

Totally up to each childminder. I'm registered for quite few schemes now although insist the first month's payment is made by the parents (so they have some voucher money saved in case there are payments problems which is common with certain schemes!). If I'm not registered for a scheme and a parent asks me to register, I always do. Just ask your CM or if you don't have one, ask when you ring round

As for tax credits......I don't know about that. I THINK the tax credits go to the parent to pay for the childcare. Think tax credit people just need to know the childminder's registration number.

apotomak Thu 02-Dec-10 14:51:06

I accept childcare vouchers ... I actually prefer this method of payment but I know that some childminders don't like taking it.
Child Tax credit comes into parent's account and then the parent pays the childminder so the childminder doesn't have to know that the parent receives this sort of help from the government unless tax credits call to check the number of hours etc which they sometimes do.
HTH

MJB66 Thu 02-Dec-10 18:51:56

I accept childcare vouchers from 2 of my parents :-)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: