Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

can anyone recommend an agency providing emergency nannies that would cover godalming, surrey?

(22 Posts)
smallwhitecat Sun 28-Nov-10 21:14:08

Message withdrawn

nannynick Sun 28-Nov-10 21:19:17

I've met Suzanne who runs www.the-nannyagency.co.uk/ in Churt. Alas I've never had any work through the agency, so not sure how good they are at finding work.

Elaine at Hatties Nannies I've had work through (about 6 years ago), so they are another in the area worth contacting... though I've not had dealings with them for 6 years now.

Not sure if either of those would supply an emergency nanny... though worth asking, as they may well have a nanny on their books whom is in a position to do some temp work.

smallwhitecat Sun 28-Nov-10 21:22:59

Message withdrawn

nannynick Sun 28-Nov-10 21:28:07

Oh no... what's happened - is she really likely to not be coming back?

Is it worth contacting a nanny directly? Have seen a profile on Childcare.co.uk that may be worth a look. They say their job came to an end... so maybe they are available immediately.

HandbagAddiction Sun 28-Nov-10 21:33:42

I used Suzanne from the nanny agency Nick has mentioned for my latest nanny who has been with us for over 2 years now. She partners with another agency in Woking, so there is a wider pool of people to access. Godalming (I'm in Milford) proved to be no problem.

Do you have other friends with nannies who might know of someone who could help. I can always ask around here if there's someone our local nannies know who might be between jobs currently, if you could provide a few details....whilst not revealing yourself of course!

smallwhitecat Sun 28-Nov-10 21:33:59

Message withdrawn

smallwhitecat Sun 28-Nov-10 21:37:42

Message withdrawn

nannynick Sun 28-Nov-10 21:39:09

Nannies often work through illness (probably a bad habit but we don't like letting our employers down), so she may well be very ill, or there may be some kind of issue... which you may be picking up on if you have a "bad feeling".

nannynick Sun 28-Nov-10 21:41:24

If my memory is right (can be a BIG IF sometimes) you have a ABA tutor? So not vital that the nanny has prior experience of ASD. Just need someone who is prepared to adapt to the situation.

HandbagAddiction Sun 28-Nov-10 21:43:35

Leave it with me and I'll ask tomorrow and also ask my nanny to ask around too. Not saying I can up with anything at all, but you never know!!

smallwhitecat Sun 28-Nov-10 21:43:35

Message withdrawn

nannynick Sun 28-Nov-10 21:44:41

If my memory is right (can be a BIG IF sometimes) you have a ABA tutor? So not vital that the nanny has prior experience of ASD. Just need someone who is prepared to adapt to the situation.

Tricky thing is finding someone who can start immediately.

nannynick Sun 28-Nov-10 21:47:12

Opps, double posting... I really should avoid clicking the back button!

Always handy to try contacting people you have previously met, even if they can't help directly they may know someone who can.

smallwhitecat Sun 28-Nov-10 21:49:51

Message withdrawn

nannynick Sun 28-Nov-10 21:56:02

People do get ill... with luck she will recover quickly and be back at work soon. Meanwhile hope you are able to find a temp to cover the next few days.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 28-Nov-10 22:10:20

i would have offered my services thur/fri but im already booked up this week

not sure what advice to offer to whether nanny is really ill or faking it - tbh it doesnt look good that she is taking time off within 3 weeks of starting a job

smallwhitecat Sun 28-Nov-10 22:11:12

Message withdrawn

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 28-Nov-10 22:13:31

as i work mon/tue and wed perm, im only free thur and fri so i dont do week long emergency work iyswim

i use sam at elizabeth henry nannies and also mary at childcare company - both are kent agencys

i also get a lot of my work either word of mouth or via my netmums ad

HandbagAddiction Mon 29-Nov-10 22:31:51

Hello! OK no joys from asking all our local nannies - none of their circle are in between jobs currently sad.

Really sorry that I cannot help. REally hope you find someone.

If i come up with amy other ideas though - I'll let you know.

Eddas Mon 29-Nov-10 22:42:44

www.harmonyathome.co.uk/ my friend is involved with this company. I haven't used it and not sure if it's your area, but it's worth a look smile

smallwhitecat Tue 30-Nov-10 13:41:14

Message withdrawn

shreddiey Sun 05-Dec-10 21:05:38

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now