Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Can't find a childminder who can have DS. What am I going to do????

(21 Posts)
cece Sun 28-Nov-10 16:39:02

Getting desperate.

I no longer have a CM and work one and half days per week. Tuesday and Thursday.

I have searched all local cm to me, and all the ones near where I work. I have tried a few that are enroute to work. NOT one can do the hours I need!

Currently my MIL is visiting us from 100 miles away every week, Monday till Thursday pm to have him but she can't do this permenantly. She is 71 and it is just too much for her. So come January I have no childcare in place...

Help! Any suggestions?

NormaStanleyFletcher Sun 28-Nov-10 16:40:29

How old is DS?

Can you look at nurseries or even an aupair?

cece Sun 28-Nov-10 16:43:13

He is 18 months.

I am getting so desperate that I am considering nurseries even! I have also thought of an au pair. But how does it work getting and having one? I have a spare room with an ensuite...

cece Sun 28-Nov-10 16:44:33

There is a nursery across with road from where I work but I looked online and it is £58 per day shock... Plus I have no idea if they would do just one day and then a half day...

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Sun 28-Nov-10 18:23:52

where are you?

ChippingIn Sun 28-Nov-10 18:26:12

What area are you in?

CarGirl Sun 28-Nov-10 18:30:07

oh dear...........

Have you tried Doodles II on Keston Road?

Nanny share??????

How old is your youngest? Too young for spirit daycare which is 18 months I think?

CarGirl Sun 28-Nov-10 18:32:46

I know of a CM whose son has just started in reception, she only usually does after school care a couple of times per week but she may help you out? PM me for her name.

pippin26 Sun 28-Nov-10 19:58:30

Have you tried:

www.childcare.co.uk
www.childmindingforum.co.uk
www.emergencychildcare.co.uk

netmums local boards

looneytune Sun 28-Nov-10 20:23:49

Have you contacted the FIS? Just that not all of us have our details online so if you've looked online, you won't have the full list. Hope you sort something

monkymoo Sun 28-Nov-10 21:03:50

Also ask FIS if their are any childminders due to have their registration completed in the next couple of weeks.

Soon to be registered childminders cannot advertise properly until their certificate has come through and would probably have the places you need.

Hope you find somebody you are happy with.

Which area are you in?

cece Sun 28-Nov-10 22:37:54

Thanks Cargirl. I have PMed you. Not heard of either of those day care places, they must be nearer to you than me. He is 18 months, just so might be OK. Would prefer a cm though if at all possible.

I am in Surrey

What is FIS - have I missed an avenue for my search?!

Will look at those websites in the morning... thank you

CarGirl Sun 28-Nov-10 22:46:07

Doodles is by Fullbrook School and Spirit is just past the healthclub (was Canons) on the way to Pyford.

CarGirl Sun 28-Nov-10 22:46:31

I used to live in NH, til I couldn't afford to buy there sad

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Sun 28-Nov-10 22:50:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CarGirl Sun 28-Nov-10 22:51:52

Near Woking, Horsham a bit far unfortunately!

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Sun 28-Nov-10 22:53:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cece Sun 28-Nov-10 23:00:08

cargirl is doing a stirling job - I should have jsut asked you in the first place!

CarGirl Mon 29-Nov-10 17:56:30

Did you have any success today?

Nightmare isn't it.

LisaD1 Mon 29-Nov-10 18:48:21

Hiya,

I'm in Surrey, near Woking. Used to be a Childminder but gave up to return to office based role part-time. No longer registered but would happily come to yours. Can only do Thursdays as I work on Tuesday.

Let me know if that would help/you want to discuss.

cece Mon 29-Nov-10 22:19:48

I have PMed people. Thank you all very much for your help. Beginning to feel a bit more positive but still not sorted yet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now