Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club -Milk entitlement, do you claim?

(10 Posts)
saz73 Fri 26-Nov-10 13:52:47

I currently don't claim my milk entitlement for the children I care for. But today I've received a Application form from Scotts Milk Service who delivery your free milk entitlement to your door. Does anyone use this?
Thanks.

ArfurSleep Fri 26-Nov-10 13:58:02

no, cba blush

saz73 Fri 26-Nov-10 14:05:11

I've spoken to them and you fill out two application forms, send a copy of your registration cert and thats it. They do everything else, so theres not additional paperwork or anything to claim on your tax return. Sounds too easy to me, but was interested if anyone else uses them.

HSMM Fri 26-Nov-10 14:51:58

I use them. It is great not having to worry about filling in forms, but I have found them decidedly slow about responding to any of my requests for changes. The milk arrives on my doorstep on a Friday morning and that's it ... no paperwork, nothing to sign or submit, or anything. Just keep on top of them if you have any changes in children/numbers/etc.

stomp Fri 26-Nov-10 16:23:30

I've heard people complaining that the milk sometimes doesnt turn up or arrives on the wrong day, but others have been happy with the service. I've also heard they do not ask how many children you actually have and will send milk out to the number of registered places...which i see as fiddling tbh

hennipenni Fri 26-Nov-10 18:23:11

I use scotts too, it works very well when it works iyswim, but sometimes the milk is very late, they are very slow at responding to changes in my numbers - very quick to reduce the amount when my numbers go down but useless when my numbers increase. But there's no paperwork involved after the initial set up which means less paper work for me!

looneytune Fri 26-Nov-10 19:28:36

My first delivery was on Wed this week and then I had the 2nd today. So far ok although today's came quite late. Too early to say how reliable but hey, it's free and there's no paperwork grin

KatyMac Fri 26-Nov-10 20:24:39

I save the money up & claim in October/November & get enough to buy all the Christmas Presents & the Christmas Crafts; nice little lump sum

ChildrenAtHeart Fri 26-Nov-10 21:23:18

I use Scotts & as hennipenni says, when it works it works well, but I've had wrong amounts delivered, requests to change amounts ignored, short use by dates, late deliveries etc. Its been a bit better recently but I wonder if that's because a lot of cm's have defected to coolmilk.co.uk so they can cope with the work load now. I suspect they grew too quckly & simply couldn't deal with the volume at the time.
Its definitely easier than claiming direct but the onus is on you to make sure you don't overclaim as otherwise Scotts will deliver milk up to your maximum registration eg if you are registered for 3 ey chn 5 days per week they would count this as 10 sessions x 3 chn so 30 lots of 1/3 pint ie 10 pints a week. However chn are only entitled to 1/3 per day not session for a start and you may not have that many chn every day.

PinkCanary Sat 27-Nov-10 01:11:55

I use Scotts and have had the same problems too. I am sorely tempted to change but I'm being lazy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: