Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Xmas present for CM

(10 Posts)
pebbles77 Tue 23-Nov-10 19:53:19

Sorry if this has already been spoken about, I couldn't find any threads.

My son has the most fabulous CM so I want to give her a special present???

Basically what is the "done" thing. She has him twice a week but she also recently has looked after my daughter at quite short notice occasionally due to me having a new job.

Can any CM's out there tell me what you like the best? Money (isn't that a bit thoughtless though?), presents, spa treatment and also is there an amount that I should spend ie weeks wages or something?

Any ideas most welcome.

Thanks

pebbles77 Tue 23-Nov-10 20:17:46

ooo, i've just found there was a thread on this last week - apologies (as i creep off to read that advice)

blushingm Wed 24-Nov-10 13:38:23

o normally try to get something our cm would appreciate rather than chocs etc

i've previously bought her a unique handmade scarf, perfume, some gloves but am struggling for this year so any help would be great

pebbles77 Wed 24-Nov-10 14:34:52

thanks blushingm -

i was thinking of a spa treatment but i've been pointed out that she may not have much free time?? think i might try and secretively phone her husband and see whether that's something she might like to do on a weekend.

any other ideas???

fudgesmummy Wed 24-Nov-10 18:45:18

The best present I've been bought by a parent was a gift voucher to a local restaurant-i looooove to eat out!! it was especially nice to be able to go out with my family and to be able to afford to have a starter and a pudding!!!!!

pebbles77 Wed 24-Nov-10 22:06:49

oooo i like that idea fudgesmummy, i'm going to check out our local restaurants tomorrow and see whether they do vouchers

thanks

scotlass Wed 24-Nov-10 22:11:08

glad to have found this thread!

Was thinking the same on the way home from my lovely CM's last night.

There's a lovely restaurant where she lives too.

Can't tell bah humbug DH though - he says we pay enough hmm You can never say thank you enough to a fab cm IMO

looneytune Wed 24-Nov-10 22:21:30

Oh, I gave some ideas on the other recent thread about this but I like the restaurant idea. I love eating out but can't afford to much at all so that would be LOVELY

looneytune Wed 24-Nov-10 22:21:55

Also love the idea of spa treat too!!! grin

looneytune Wed 24-Nov-10 22:22:58

I also love my Champneys bubble baths. Don't have baths often (don't worry, I shower so don't stink wink) but my back was hurting last night so had a soak in the lovely bubbles and though of lovey mindee's mummy for getting them for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now