Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders courses

(7 Posts)
Rudgey Sun 21-Nov-10 07:28:35

Does anyone know of any CACHE Diploma in Homebased Childcare course running asap. The family services on is not until May 2011 and I would like to do it soon. I live in Datchet and can drive so anywhere within reason. Thank you.

nannynick Sun 21-Nov-10 08:17:32

Has FIS said you are able to do the course with another local authority? Not sure how things work at the moment but there may be funding issues if you do a course outside of your local authority.
I would suggest contacting other authorities in the country - so Berkshire in your case I think, to see if they are able to help, such as Wokingham, Slough, Bracknell, Reading.

HSMM Sun 21-Nov-10 08:32:15

I think Wokingham allow minders to do the course with other Berkshire authorities, but best to check if that's OK.

frakkinup Sun 21-Nov-10 09:06:33

Is it unit 1 or units 2-5 you're looking at?

The DHC's registration ends in Dec this year so I'm not sure how it's still being offered in May unless you're doing 2-5 having already done unit 1 within the timeframe allowed for continuation. It's being replaced by the new diploma for the children and young people's workforce.

Rudgey Tue 23-Nov-10 22:55:57

Thanks for your feedback, I will contact outside my area.

ChildrenAtHeart Wed 24-Nov-10 23:28:37

Don't know if they are still doing it but the National extension College were running it too (distance learning)

new2cm Thu 25-Nov-10 13:42:50

I will be doing the course through the NEC (National extension College) when it is available.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: