Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

ideas/activities needed

(5 Posts)
bmz Tue 16-Nov-10 10:14:17

ideas/activities needed for school aged children 5 - 8 years old boy and girl. sometimes 3 hours after school feels long. also do you do activities with school aged children or just set up resources? many thanks

MUM2BLESS Tue 16-Nov-10 11:24:31

Playdough is bril for all ages with cutters. Got a non cook receipe thats easy to make if you want it.

Lego small and large.

Also model making from card or other matrials.

allthatglisters Tue 16-Nov-10 12:03:08

I have one of those plastic tubs which I fill with junk modelling stuff including masking tape, packing tape and leaflets for cutting up. Mine seem to make all sorts of things.

allthatglisters Tue 16-Nov-10 12:05:12

oh, and another favourite is an old first aid tin with cut up crepe bandages, and a spare triangular bandage and more masking tape in.

RosieGirl Tue 16-Nov-10 13:01:41

My 5 year old girls love to colour and draw at the moment, I provide lots of stencils, pencils, crayons and scissors.

Lego is always good for both sexes. Magnetix if you have some, and hama beads can keep them quiet for ages if they like that type of thing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: