Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Au pair for January 2011

(10 Posts)
chload Sun 14-Nov-10 05:35:08

Hi Mumsnetters,

I was wondering if anyone on the board was looking for an aupair this January.
I am currently looking for a host family in the UK or Ireland at that time for a period of 6-7 months. I would consider extending until Christmas after 6 months.

I am Canadian with French mother tongue and have dual Canadian/French citizenship, allowing me to live and work legally in the UK.

Please note, that I am a non-driver.

--
Last summer, I was the part-time summer babysitter/nanny of a very clever six-year-old as well as adorable 12/14-month-old twin girls. We got plenty of fresh air each day, got down on the floor to play, played tons of board games(twins were exempted), read books, etc. I like being hands-on with children which I think they enjoy a lot.

The six-year-old had a sister(3) which I also minded from time to time.

I still babysit for these families once in a while and like seeing the children growing up, especially the twins who are now 17 months old and have changed a lot!

More recently, I've been looking after a three-year-old, a five-year-old and an eight-year-old on Saturday mornings plus some weekday mornings(three-year-old only).
They have an 11-year-old sibling who is pretty much independent.

Those jobs have involved dealing with teething babies and toddlers' tantrums, reading princess stories over and over again, pretending to be a chicklen and yes, even wiping bums. I must be crazy, but I love it!

--
Being an au pair in the UK would help me become fluent in English; this wouldn't be my first time learning English. I would describe my standard of English as above average as I live in a very bilingual part of Canada. There wouldn't be any language barrier with host families; I understand English perfectly and speak it pretty well.

Obviously, the deal comes with light housework and childcare. That does not bother me at all, actually, I'm rather looking forward to it(the childcare part that iswink).

Concerning the location, I am not looking to be in London at all costs; I am very open, as long as there is public transport nearby.

If you would like to get in touch, you can PM me or write on this topic. I will get back to you promptly.

Regards,
Camille

SadMarg Sun 14-Nov-10 17:29:24

Oh dear, if you had a driver's licence you'd be perfect for me!!!

Good luck looking.

chload Sun 14-Nov-10 20:00:37

Thank you SadMarg. I realise a driver's license would have been useful, but never needed one here and it takes months to get.

MizZan Sun 14-Nov-10 21:11:03

Hi SadMarg - we are looking for a new au pair to start from January, and live in a central location in a lovely university town (one of the two you will definitely have heard of in the UK!). We don't need a driver however we do need someone who's a comfortable cyclist and has decent English and childcare experience, sounds like you would be quite ok on the latter 2 for sure. Current au pair is going back to Germany after over a year with us. Two boys aged 5 and 8. If this sounds appealing, let me know your email address and I can send over some more details. Thanks! smile

MizZan Sun 14-Nov-10 21:11:59

Oops sorry - messsage above was for Camille/chload - not SadMarg - apologies for my confusion!

chload Wed 17-Nov-10 02:37:24

I PMed you.

Gangle Wed 17-Nov-10 03:48:47

Camille, do you have a CV you could PM me?

DadInsteadofMum Wed 17-Nov-10 22:39:01

You would be perfect if only you were a driver.

Julesnobrain Wed 17-Nov-10 23:18:22

Hi we live in London and will be looking for an AP plus at the end of Jan for 6 months. I have 2 dc age 4 and 8 both at school. Not sure what PM means but would be interested in a cv if you have one.

chload Thu 18-Nov-10 00:40:08

Julesnobrain: PM means private message. I sent you one. You can view it by clicking on Inbox at the top of the page.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now