Talk

Advanced search

There are after school nannies for £9/hour

(10 Posts)
connielwallace77 Fri 06-Sep-19 12:54:49

So this is kinda news to me but since school is starting, I looked and asked everywhere about how to solve my evenings' dilemma with childcare and school pick-ups. Heard about Koru kids but they currently only operate in London sad

Where else can I find nannies for that? The way it works is to find another family and share the cost between us. Anyone in St Albans area interested in sharing a nanny on after school hours?

PassMeAnotherCoffee Fri 06-Sep-19 12:56:54

How old are the children? Do you need a qualified nanny?
Do you have a childcare training course anywhere near you? Those students may need work experience.

Redcliff Fri 06-Sep-19 12:58:41

Have you tried contacting KK? Your not that far out London and they may have had similar queries

nannynick Fri 06-Sep-19 13:41:00

You can try advertising for an after-school nanny on Childcare.co.uk and see if anyone would accept a salary of £9 gross an hour. Depending on how many hours they work then your cost as the employer can be higher than the £9 as there will be employer related things such as Employers National Insurance, Pension contribution, Payroll admin as well as paying for things like mileage (if nanny uses their own car to collect your child/children from school) and activities.

jannier Sat 07-Sep-19 11:49:32

Have you looked at childminders depending on area I'm in west london they are between £4.50 and ,£8 an hour.

Blubluboo Mon 09-Sep-19 14:14:44

£9 per hour is low in my opinion.

connielwallace77 Mon 09-Sep-19 16:24:10

@nannynick looks like Koru Kids handles all that and it's all included in their price... For a nanny I thought the same @Blubluboo smile

Loopytiles Mon 09-Sep-19 16:27:23

£9 gross seems v low for home counties for a small number of hours. Unless you find someone retired or studying with the available time who is relaxed about how much they earn - I don’t know anyone with a set up like that for regular care.

connielwallace77 Thu 12-Sep-19 17:56:05

Yes, I had the same thoughts. I've heard this is a problem since regular nannies want more than a few hours every other day. I guess they must use students or retired people. smile

Lunde Fri 13-Sep-19 21:14:26

Koru Kids are not qualified or experienced nannies are they? They advertise for University students (not childcare students) "selling" it as a "fun, part time job, that fits around studies and social life".

You need to chink about whether you need a qualified nanny or whether you could recruit your own KK-type, student babysitter locally.

Do you have a spare room? Would an au-pair be an option for wraparound care?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »