Advanced search

How to calculate tax free childcare payments

(3 Posts)
Galaxygirl93 Wed 04-Sep-19 12:43:32

Hi all

I know this is soo simple but Maths is evidently not my strong point, but there you go.

My childcare bill this month is £780.00. I pay using the government tax free childcare scheme.

What is a simple equation I can use to calculate how much money I have to put in, for the government to top up the rest?

I am getting it wrong every single month and having to go back in and top it up is a pain, especially for budgeting!


GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Wed 04-Sep-19 14:16:08

Divide the bill by 5 and times by 4. This will give you the 80% that you need to put in, the government will add the remaining 20%.

So 780/5 = 156

156 x 4 = 624

£624 for this month.

QforCucumber Wed 04-Sep-19 14:17:17

The above - or Times the bill by 0.8. So £780 * 0.8 = £624 to pay in.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »