Talk

Advanced search

I don't know where to leave my baby!

(7 Posts)
NarminM Fri 30-Aug-19 19:45:25

Hi, I need an advice - we just moved to London from Edinburgh and my husband is starting his new job on Monday. Today I got invited to a job interview for Tuesday, which is a big opportunity, but there is an issue - we don't know anyone who can take my 18 months old baby for a few hours, so I can go to the interview! We had many friends in Edinburgh and I could always ask them for help, but we are very new here in London - moved a few days ago, so I don't know anyone yet. Have been looking for nurseries that offer drop off sessions, but couldn't find anything. Maybe you have any suggestions? We live in Southwark/Peckham area. Thanks! smile

Mintjulia Fri 30-Aug-19 19:47:15

Your local council website will have a list of approved child minders close to you. If you ring them on Monday morning, you might find someone...

ChildminderMum Fri 30-Aug-19 19:49:14

Sitters?

nannynick Fri 30-Aug-19 21:34:48

In London there is an agency called Like Minders which provides babysitters and temporary nannies. They may be of help, I think they will do a non-member booking fee for a one off occasion.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 10-Sep-19 15:01:13

I would ring nanny agencies and book an emergency /temp nanny for the day

I did this lots as a nanny

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 10-Sep-19 15:01:30

Oh just seen date. Lol

Daffodil2018 Tue 10-Sep-19 15:06:56

I know this has been resolved now but for the benefit of anyone searching in future, I've used the babysitting app Bubble before and would recommend it. Easy to find an experienced sitter (in London, anyway) and they are all record-checked.

I'm in Peckham, OP - welcome!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »