Talk

Advanced search

Reconfirming 30 hours - child starting reception

(3 Posts)
Vickersx Tue 27-Aug-19 11:56:04

Hi all, I’m wondering if anyone can help me as I’m in a bit of a panic.

So I have been receiving the 30 free hours and combining this with tact free childcare while my son was in nursery, however he is due to start reception in September, I got a message from childcare options about reconfirmation and understood he wouldn’t be entitled to the 30 free hours anymore, but when I went through the reconfirmation screen I couldn’t see anywhere to remove the 30 free hours? Just a button the confirm none of my details have changed. So I clicked submit thinking they will see on their end that I’m not entitled to the 30 hours and only grant the TFC.. however I received a message afterwards saying I have been awarded both. Obviously I know I’m not entitled to both, I only want to keep the TFC to pay for after school club but now I’m panicking I am going to get into some sort of trouble. Is there a way to remove the 30 hours or was i just being blind?

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Tue 27-Aug-19 18:43:35

Well no setting will be submitting a claim for your dc for next term so you won’t be claiming both...

SMaCM Wed 28-Aug-19 09:15:09

Don't worry. You don't claim the 30 hours, someone else does. They offer this, because not all children start school in September, so they will still use their 30 hours elsewhere.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »