Talk

Advanced search

2 years old nursery or childminder

(3 Posts)
Dystrophin345 Fri 23-Aug-19 18:29:16

DS is two and I now need to find a childcare option for him. We initially had a wonderful nursery but now our circumstances have changed and we won’t be able to afford the outstanding fees (he qualifies for two year funding but we still have to top up). There is a nursery I’ve seen and a childminder. Both outstanding. The childminder will have two more kids with her. She has won awards and was invited by the queen. DS doesn’t have siblings so I know the nursery environment may benefit his social skills. I know he will settle easier in the nursery as they have a big garden but I know the childminder may cater to his needs better.

I’ve told the childminder that I’ll bring him to her but we haven’t yet signed anything and I’m having second thoughts.

unlimiteddilutingjuice Fri 23-Aug-19 18:32:02

I chose a childminder when mine were small. I liked the idea of them having that one special person to form an attachment to. I also liked the idea of a home like environment.

Dystrophin345 Fri 23-Aug-19 23:16:36

That’s what I like too. But DS is not that sociable so I thought perhaps nursery might be a better option although there might be 2 kids with him at CM. Also the CM doesn’t take them out (she said odd trips to the library or veg shop but not to toddler groups or school runs). She has a garden but not sure how much she will use it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »