Talk

Advanced search

I'm considering making an infant's in-car entertainment

(10 Posts)
Ralph8471 Tue 20-Aug-19 08:27:14

Hello people,
I'm considering making a detachable in car entertainment for enfants under the age of 5 and I was wondering how you would feel about this design, please could you reply to this post with comments of what you think about this design!
Many thanks!

jannier Tue 20-Aug-19 13:33:13

I worry about a world were children have to be constantly entertained and have no time to use their own imaginations with children whi cant eat sleep or pooh without a device to amuse them. You will probably make tonnes of money.

Maryann1975 Tue 20-Aug-19 13:42:08

I agree with What jannier says.

itsaboojum Tue 20-Aug-19 14:45:34

We had 'detachable in-car entertainment' systems in my day. But we usually just called them "books".

MaryBoBary Tue 20-Aug-19 14:52:01

I can't see the design, but am trying to find a steering wheel that will attach to my sons car seat and there are not many options.

ParrotsForLife Tue 20-Aug-19 14:53:31

I would worry that something attached to my sons car seat would mean it would be harder to remove him from in in a crash or emergency situation and I wouldn’t buy it.

CmdrCressidaDuck Tue 20-Aug-19 14:55:01

I think these things turn into deadly weapons in crashes, and you should do something else instead.

Also there are plenty of cheap tatty versions on the market that you won't be able to compete with price-wise, and it's hard to see why parents would buy a luxury version.

CassianAndor Tue 20-Aug-19 14:55:02

can't see any design, but agree that this is simply making children's ability to deal with being bored and learning how to entertain themselves even worse than it already is.

EssentialHummus Tue 20-Aug-19 14:55:29

I can't see the design. Are you a product designer? As the parent of a toddler I am happy with any of a little box to shake/a cracker to eat/a thingy to hold my phone/tablet up to the seat in front (long journeys)/music to listen to via the radio/chatting/a book. I don't think this needs developing imo.

CmdrCressidaDuck Tue 20-Aug-19 19:56:39

m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1746651015388033&id=348596051860210

Why you should not attach anything to a car seat that didn't come with it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »