Talk

Advanced search

30 hours free childcare

(7 Posts)
AliBee1 Thu 08-Aug-19 20:23:46

I have a July baby who will be starting pre-school in september.

I have been trying to get the 30 hours free but have been given the tax free childcare only and not the 30 hours free.

There is no option to add and states I have to wait for the next reconfirmation period in October.

Any advice, I have no clue what has happened.....too late to phone the helpline!

Herat1986 Thu 08-Aug-19 20:28:27

It is so annoying but it does do this - you need to re apply in October I think if that is your reconfirmation date. It happened with me too - you can only update e ery 3 months. But do try calling them tomorrow, I found them really helpful x

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Thu 08-Aug-19 20:33:53

That would mean she wouldn’t get funding for the Autumn term, are you sure that’s right? Definitely contact them. I’m sure they can help.

itsaboojum Fri 09-Aug-19 07:54:10

The childcarechoices website indicates they are still accepting applications for a September start. That suggests now is precisely the time to call the helpline, but it will be too late if you delay much longer.

AliBee1 Fri 09-Aug-19 08:35:32

Thanks ladies. Seems strange it won’t let me re-apply when the cut off date isn’t yet. Fingers crossed I get it sorted x

AliBee1 Fri 09-Aug-19 10:08:01

All sorted_ because I’ve moved to wales I have to do it through the council I live in rather than the generic account.Crystal clear on how to do it now! smile

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Fri 09-Aug-19 10:18:17

Oh! You missed that out of your OP...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »