Talk

Advanced search

Childcare costs

(6 Posts)
Smilebehappy123 Thu 08-Aug-19 11:39:21

Can I ask some general advise please , this is our first child so I’m unsure re the nursery costs / tax free childcare
Basically DH works full time earning 25k a year , he will continue to do this
I work full time earning 34k a year (currently on maternity leave) and due to return early next year , we are thinking that DD1 is going to attend nursery 4 days per week , are we entitled to any financial
Support ? The nursery is going to cost £760 pounds per month (47.50 per day) and sadly we have no reliable mid week family
/ friends childcare
Any advise appreciated please

HoneyWheeler Thu 08-Aug-19 11:41:44

You should be able to apply for tax free childcare - you need to sign up for a gov gateway account and then for every £8 you deposit, the government will add £2. You can also apply for child benefit I think?

Confusedddd Thu 08-Aug-19 11:41:55

You will get tax free childcare which basically will knock 20 percent off your final bill and that’s it until they are 3 and you will get 30 free hours , I am financially pretty much the same as you . Google tax free childcare

Smilebehappy123 Thu 08-Aug-19 18:19:59

Thanks so much ladies I will look into this 😊😊😊

Smilebehappy123 Thu 08-Aug-19 18:50:36

Iv just read up on this I had no idea we was entitled to this help , thanks so much what a massive help this will be , Just another question please if daughter is starting nursery in March wen would you suggest setting the account up ?
Thanks

Confusedddd Thu 08-Aug-19 20:34:35

It only takes a few weeks to set up I would say maybe mid jan to be on the safe side x childcare is expensive but the tax free certainly helps !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »