Talk

Advanced search

30 free hours spread over 51 weeks?

(5 Posts)
username9909877 Wed 03-Jul-19 08:04:14

Does anyone's nursery allow them to do this? Up to now I have spoken to two nursery's. The first doesn't so even if you only used some of the 30 free hours you have pay for other weeks. The second said yes but that it works out at 14 hours a week. That didn't make sense because I work it's out later and it should be approx 22 hours.

itsaboojum Thu 04-Jul-19 14:48:13

Childcare providers do not have to spread the funded hours out over the year. They can opt to stick with the 38 funded week pattern, as defined by their local authority.

Thursday452poh Thu 04-Jul-19 14:54:32

We spread ours across the year as the nursery allows it, it’s about 80-90 hours a month depending on how long the month i.
DS does four days a week @£44 a day, we pay between 350/390 depends again on length of the month.
Then with tax free childcare we then make a saving there too.

Thursday452poh Thu 04-Jul-19 14:55:56

Nurseries can also charge for food and extras on top of the free hours to supplement the payment from the govt as essentially the child care provider gets paid v little by the govt

Apple40 Thu 04-Jul-19 23:03:12

Hi, it is up to the providers how they offer the funded hours, some spread over the year, others term time only, some only certain times in the day. I personally only offer term time only and parents have to pay my hourly for the school holidays if they are all year round , this is because the money I receive from the government is 85p less an hour than I charge, I also have a daily charge for all funded hours that covers arts, crafts, trips, etc as this is not covered in the funding,

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »