Talk

Advanced search

Splitting 30 hours funding

(9 Posts)
mummysheldon Tue 11-Jun-19 21:32:25

Hi,
I'm just wondering how you go about splitting the funding and if I can even do it. So my understanding is if there all the time you can only get 22 hours - is that correct? So my son goes to nursery 3 days, and childcare either 1 or 2 days the rest of the week. So can I use 21 hours for nursery (they only have funded between 9-4) and 1 for childminder? Also, can you still use the tax free childcare where the government tops it up? Many thanks smile

mummysheldon Tue 11-Jun-19 21:38:18

Also, just to make things more complicated. some weeks at nursery he would only be there until 3pm, so on these weeks he would only use 18 hours funded, so have 4 remaining. Does someone tell you what hours are funded. Its so complicated so weighing up the best options smile

drspouse Tue 11-Jun-19 21:54:14

Yes, you can split it - we did with a nursery and CM.

twinnywinny14 Tue 11-Jun-19 21:59:45

I am Kent so may be different but guessing lots of the ‘rules’ will be the same everywhere. You will need to decide how many hours funding you wish to claim and where and theneach provider will have a parent formfor you to complete and sign. You will prob have to choose the highest number of hours at nursery you might need as you can’t change the number of hours week by week

AuntMarch Tue 11-Jun-19 22:31:31

It is unlikely nursery will offer funded hours to change week by week, more likely to agree to 18 hours weekly, as when they claim the funding they can only say you are claiming X amount per week for the term and would probably rather keep it as simple as possible!

Settings also do not have to agree to stretch the entitlement or split it with other providers - although they are allowed to do so.

Childcare choices - if you Google that you'll find the page with all the info on options, including tax free.

drspouse Wed 12-Jun-19 09:36:30

Our nursery just counted up all the qualifying hours over each term. They wouldn't let you vary the charged hours weekly but some hours don't qualify (e.g. half term/summer, it is a private nursery).

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Wed 12-Jun-19 09:42:33

Also as a childminder I wouldn’t do all the paperwork involved for 1 funded hours a week. Completely not worth it I’m afraid.

Amicompletelyinsane Wed 12-Jun-19 09:44:48

I split funding. Child goes 3 days 9-3 term time and 1 day a week all year round to a private nursery 8-5,

mummysheldon Wed 12-Jun-19 20:24:06

That's brilliant, thanks for your help x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »