Talk

Advanced search

Holiday clubs - help for single parents?

(4 Posts)
1875abc Tue 09-Apr-19 17:59:45

So I always struggle with paying for holiday clubs when half term comes
I work 4 days a week so I usually take 2 days annual leave then that leaves 2 days to find
As money is tighter than normal
I Just wondered does anyone one who claims working tax credit can apply for help with childcare for holiday club ?
The club that runs it isn't attached to her school it's an outside club and I've always paid and not thought about if I can get help?
Do I ask the club itself as doesn't it have to be registered or how can I find out? Just thought someone who currently does it may know
Thanks
(Just paid for 4 days holiday club this Easter but already thinking about May half term and summer holidays!)

Yvemen Sun 21-Apr-19 19:59:25

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the holiday clubs should be registered so you should be able to claim tax credits or tax free childcare against it??

Hope it works out x

1875abc Sun 21-Apr-19 22:11:12

Thanks I'll look into the tax credits option as don't think the tax free childcare works out for me, can't remember why it didn't when I last read x

Mummyshark2018 Wed 05-Jun-19 20:24:56

I use childcare vouchers (still under old scheme) for holiday clubs. The tax free childcare should save you about 20% if you sign up

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »