Talk

Advanced search

Forgot to reconfirm for my 30 hrs free childcare, what happens?

(28 Posts)
Sparkless Thu 06-Sep-18 21:12:18

Hi forgot to reconfirm for my 30hrs free childcare and I’m still eligible for this.
I have reconfirmed (late) on the gov website it has sent a message saying I was successful - yay!
The school emailed me today (which is what prompted me to reconfirm) to say she is no longer eligible for this term and I need to pay up front ASAP.
The government website says I was successful though.
Now I’m totally stressed 😩
Has anyone been in this situation? Will the school still get paid the 30hrs free.

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Thu 06-Sep-18 21:16:52

They may (probably will) but the payment will be late to them. Grovel would be my advice! Not fair on the nursery so don’t do it again.

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Thu 06-Sep-18 21:17:15

Btw it’s funded, not free.

Sparkless Thu 06-Sep-18 21:19:47

Hey thanks,
So the government has said its been successful, so they will still get paid?

Sparkless Thu 06-Sep-18 21:20:38

Is that right?
I’ve read all the guidance and it’s not clear

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Thu 06-Sep-18 21:21:17

Have you given the code to the nursery to submit? Just getting the code isn’t enough. It needs to be submitted to the LA for them to decide.

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Thu 06-Sep-18 21:22:02

The website is just telling you yes you’re still eligible.

snozzlemaid Thu 06-Sep-18 21:22:44

What was your previous end date and previous grace period end?
If you were already receiving extended hours funding and were still within your grace period then the funding can continue.
If you were past your grace period end and have only just reconfirmed today then funding might not be payable this term. It will depend on your LA.

Sparkless Thu 06-Sep-18 21:24:03

I gave them code ages ago because she has been receiving 30hrs free since April. I forgot to reconfirm and I believe the childcare provider access a portal to check regarding reconfirmation. Is that right? Thanks x

Rachie1986 Thu 06-Sep-18 21:24:34

Sorry to be the bad voice, but this happened to a friend and she had to pay for the term she was late confirming for..

Fatted Thu 06-Sep-18 21:24:57

If you've just done it today, I'd get back onto the school. We might be different because we're in Wales, but my CM says they have to claim at the start of the month to get paid at the end if that makes sense. So the school will probably be paid late this month.

PotteringAlong Thu 06-Sep-18 21:25:50

The code is only valid for 3 months so your grace period has well and truly ended. I think you will have to pay for this term too.

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Thu 06-Sep-18 21:27:31

It my LA it’s done termly. If you miss the deadline you don’t get paid your 2/3 upfront but have to wait until the end for the full lot. A massive upset to a nursery finances.

OddBoots Thu 06-Sep-18 21:28:37

If you were so late that you were beyond your normal period and your grace period then the successful application you have just made will be for next term not this one and will probably have a grace period of until 31st March 2019. You will need to pay the 15 extra hours per week if you want your child to attend for 30 hours a week.

Sparkless Thu 06-Sep-18 21:29:24

Don’t know when my grace period end is, but she has just started school Nursery from private Nursery.
End date was the 11th August.
Really stressed 😩 I’ve has so much bad stuff going on I just forgot!! I don’t know what to do and the school isn’t approachable at all x

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Thu 06-Sep-18 21:29:45

Also the government email you to remind you to reconfirm to avoid this from happening so did you miss that?

Sparkless Thu 06-Sep-18 21:32:33

When I reconfirmed it said it was successful and I should reconfirm by the 11th of November. Does that sound promising?

MyDcAreMarvel Thu 06-Sep-18 21:34:06

That’s three months from
August so hopefully ok.

snozzlemaid Thu 06-Sep-18 21:50:11

Ok. If your end date was in August then your grace period would have been end of December.
If you've already been getting extended hours with that nursery then that can continue now.
It may take a few days to show up with new dates for the nursery when they check the code. So I would advise they keep checking until new dates come through.
Tell them you have reconfirmed and maybe show printout of message saying you are still eligible.

snozzlemaid Thu 06-Sep-18 21:52:09

Sorry missed where you said it's with a new nursery.
In that case what date did you begin reconfirming?
If you didn't do this until 1st Sept onwards then you probably won't have the extended hours funding this term.

insancerre Sat 15-Sep-18 09:33:03

As this is a new nursery then they won't be able to claim the additional funding for this term as you should have reconfirmed before the 11th August
I work in a nursery and have dealt with this
You will have to pay until January

HSMMaCM Mon 08-Oct-18 13:53:11

If you changed to the new nursery in September, they won't be able to claim for this term, as they can't use the grace period. That can only be used in an existing setting.

kiabella Tue 15-Jan-19 14:08:18

OP, did you have to pay this in the end? Currently having a breakdown in exactly the same situation. I can't afford this weeks food shop let alone the nursery fees I've been quoted today because I didn't get a reminder.

Bonkerz Tue 15-Jan-19 14:11:56

The provider won't get paid until next term which is after Easter.

So you will have to pay for this term yourself

Bonkerz Tue 15-Jan-19 14:14:29

If you had renewed in December you would have qualified for spring term (jan to March) but you didn't do provider cannot claim
You may be entitled to 15 hours but not the full 30.
Your renewal will only be for summer term (April till July)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »