Advanced search

Tax free childcare scheme aaah!

(8 Posts)
Myusername2015 Tue 20-Feb-18 15:03:12

I registered 7 weeks ago to use the govt tax free childcare account as the comparison website said it would be better for us than childcare vouchers. I have one baby and have just returned to work. I thought it would be simple..completed the form and got a text to say i had a secure message a week later. However since then every single time I log in I get the error message: we are experiencing technical problems please try again later or call ... I’ve now called them 8 times each time it’s been logged with their technical team who will definitely call me. This hasn’t happened. There allegedly are no management I can speak to and lots of people have this problem so I just need to wait. I’m at my wits end; we’ve just paid the childminder ourselves this month but this seemed like such a simple idea. Is it just me? Does it work for everyone else? Anyone got any ideas how I can sort it out? Thanks

BoredOnMatLeave Mon 26-Feb-18 13:51:16

Bumping this for you. I applied months ago and heard nothing (we are definitely eligible), so I tried again today but I cant view my application anywhere so I'm not sure if it actually worked!

Myusername2015 Mon 26-Feb-18 15:22:23

Thank you! I rang again today and they apparently have a 3 month backlog of technical issues to fix so I might get a phone call in about another 6 weeks!

Sickofthisalready Tue 27-Feb-18 12:26:58

Getting the same message from them whilst trying to reconfirm eligibility for 30 hours. Never been told about the 3 month backlog though, so thank you for that.

They tell me someone from IT will definitely call me within the next 10 days. Been waiting 7 weeks for the call so far.

theobear Tue 13-Mar-18 19:50:30

I applied at the end of June & still have the same issues you describe...

Mel91x Wed 14-Mar-18 23:45:32

Hey just wanted to let you know I had the same issue. I kept calling and kept getting told it was being worked on. I don’t know if you knew this but you can actually make the payment over the phone with them? Saves you having to pay full price to your childminder.

theobear Thu 15-Mar-18 06:17:19

That's what I do - I've made every payment due over the phone.

donkir Thu 15-Mar-18 06:29:09

I applied for the 30hrs funding a month ago and finally got confirmation on Monday. The delay was apparently caused by the snow and offices not being open.
Could you not do the vouchers until they've keyed it out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now