Talk

Advanced search

Saturdays

(10 Posts)
DaisyRaine90 Wed 25-Oct-17 15:23:54

Hi, DP and I both might have to work Saturdays for a while (his would be regular and mine might only be occasional)

What would be the best childcare option? We don’t have space for a live in.

I would like my daughter to be dropped off and collected from Saturday morning music class and possibly one other activity (she’s 4).

DS would be 6months old.

What are our options? Or do I have to decline the job? DP can’t as he would be earning more.

Thanks 😊

DaisyRaine90 Wed 25-Oct-17 15:24:43

They would not have to stay at the activity, just drop off and collect x

RandomUsernameHere Wed 25-Oct-17 15:52:05

I would ask around locally. There might be some nannies or childminders looking for extra work. Or a semi-retired lady happy to do a day a week.

DaisyRaine90 Wed 25-Oct-17 16:35:29

That sounds like a good idea. My friend has offered but she’d have to stay over on the Friday night which would mean paying her for the overnight too x

DaisyRaine90 Wed 25-Oct-17 16:58:42

I am planning to get a child minder or day nanny anyway, so it would probably be good to ask them when I interview to see if Saturdays may be a possibility. It’s so hard trying to further my career and have 2 kids. DPs work has to trump mine as otherwise we would have a big financial hit, and he supports me loads to go to University but work as well is too much for him to do it all.

It would only be for 1 year but such a shame as the kids are only little once. We will literally not have one day a week that we can spend a whole day as a family accept the holidays (8 weeks a year instead of 4 so can’t grumble too much).

I need to be working for the Social interaction, and would find it so lonely being at home on my own with 2 kids all weekend. If that’s the only option then I might have to.

Caulk Wed 25-Oct-17 17:03:48

I did that sort of thing for friends I knew through whilst at uni. I am qualified, but other friends did it too who weren’t.

DaisyRaine90 Wed 25-Oct-17 17:18:40

I would need someone dbs checked with a little experience at least and either a driving liscense or happy to travel on the bus half hour each way to nearest town for music x

DaisyRaine90 Fri 27-Oct-17 00:53:16

DP doesn’t want me to work Saturdays so they have at least one parent at home.

Why should it be me?? I know I earn less but I need to work too and I thought if I found childcare it would solve the issue?

Ffs, men 🙄

NorahC Fri 27-Oct-17 12:08:14

Hiya,

Whereabouts are you? I'm a current nanny and considering working Saturdays to save up some money.

DaisyRaine90 Fri 27-Oct-17 15:11:56

Not happening now. Spoke to DP he’s really unhappy about using outside help if we don’t need to. Very kind offer though thank you 😊

I will have to not work Saturdays or do weekends from home x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now