Talk

Advanced search

Which daycare to pick

(2 Posts)
MimiR Wed 13-Sep-17 18:45:01

So I have a dilemma about which daycare to pick and I know that obviously, the choice is up to me but would like some external input as well.

Daycare is for my 2 year old son and I want part-time daycare only, preferably 3 days evenly spaced out.
There is a daycare in my daughters' school which is walking distance from us but they can only give me Thursday and Friday slots or it has to be full-time. Also, I had requested if they could bump DS into preschool (preschool starts from 2 and half and my son is 2 years and 2 months) because he is a very active boy and would do well with children who have well developed gross motor skills.
The pros are that it is super convenient for me because it is in my daughters' school so pick up/drop off is a breeze.

The other daycare is about 5-6 minutes drive from my house but I LOVE it. The rooms are bright and airy, most of the staff have been working for more than 20 years and you can see that they genuinely care about the kids. They can also provide 3 evenly spaced out days and have agreed to allow son to start in Preschool as opposed to Toddler.
The only thing is am trying to think how inconvenient pick up and drop off will be with the latter.
Input anyone? What would you do?

BackforGood Thu 14-Sep-17 00:11:05

I think the 2nd one sounds like the one you love. Only you can know if it is possible to manage the drop offs / collections. Don't underestimate how stressful that can be if you are commuting or traveling during the 'school run' time. Remember when it is raining, one will still have to come with you to drop the other off, then get to their place.
However, I prefer the sound of a Nursery that isn't willing to put a 26month old in with pre-schoolers, and that recommend 2 days together.
So....... I'll get my coat as I'm probably not helping grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »