Talk

Advanced search

Closing my sons playgroup 1 week into new term!

(3 Posts)
beebee82 Fri 08-Sep-17 14:53:46

I've been informed that the playgroup my son attends is having to close as the church that hires the hall has decided to terminate the lease contract!!!

I'm devastated- how could they do this to our children just as they want to rent it for more money!!! Especially considering the playgroup were instrumental in getting funding for the hall to be built and grants were awarded to it to function as a playgroup!!!

It may not change the situation but please, if anyone would sign this petition to show support I would be so thankful!

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save-st-annes-playgroup

💕

Allthebestnamesareused Fri 08-Sep-17 14:59:28

Unfortunately when I was on a pre-school committee our pre-school could not afford the rent the Hall Committee wanted to charge.

However they insisted we should pay an increase as they needed the extra to run the hall.

The pre-school had to close and they didn't get another tenant that hired the hall from 8.30 to 1.30 each day so they ended up with less revenue than initially and the hall stood unused by the community who had funded its purchase, leaving kids to go to a pre-school a car drive away!

beebee82 Fri 08-Sep-17 15:18:44

That's just such a shame, and I think likely to happen in this case😢

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »