Talk

Advanced search

Babysitting

(6 Posts)
Sueviola Tue 25-Jul-17 14:48:14

Hi,

My name is Sue and I am a teacher. I have previously done babysitting for family and friends and through a local hotel. Would you contact a babysitter from a flyer through your door? Would any qualifications on the flyer be more persuasive?

Thanks

RapunzelsRealMom Tue 25-Jul-17 15:44:54

Hi Sue, I'd never book a babysitter from a random flyer put through my door. I'm sorry

I'd be much more likely to book you through word of mouth recommendations.

A possibility might be getting a Facebook page and asking genuine clients to give you reviews. If I saw someone I know review you, I might be willing to try???

InDubiousBattle Tue 25-Jul-17 15:46:14

No, I wouldn't contact a babysitter through a flyer.

Megha22 Thu 03-Aug-17 06:21:37

please do some research before taking the plunge and make sure you know them well before hiring anyone.

HookandSwan Sat 05-Aug-17 13:51:08

Are you talking about a evening babysitter or a nanny?

I think if it was a evening babysitter/student etc I would meet with them and get a feel for them.

A actually nanny no I wouldn't you need to go through proper channels

WineIsMyMainVice Fri 08-Sep-17 09:10:33

I once had a weekend job in a cafe. I got taking to some parents as I'd made a fuss of their little girl. I asked them if they ever needed a babysitter and offered them a couple of people to contact as a reference and I babysat for them for a long time on the back of that. But maybe as they'd met me face to face they were more reassured.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »