Talk

Advanced search

Free childcare (15 hours) funding - queries

(5 Posts)
Rufus27 Thu 29-Jun-17 20:37:52

Please could someone help settle an argument regarding the rules surrounding free 15 hours childcare?

- Are all children eligible, even if one parent does not work? (I know the 30 hours entitlement is only for working parents, but am not sure about the 15)
- Is the free 15 hours affected by parent's income?
- The govt. website states that for the free 30 hours, neither parent should earn over 100k. If one parent does, but their child has been in care previously (which is usually an indicator for earlier/age 2 funding), would the child still be eligible?

Sorry to ask lots of questions, especially when the answers should be available via Google, but my friend and I are getting conflicting answers (even our nurseries dont agree!) so have decided to refer to the ever reliable MN jury!

dementedpixie Thu 29-Jun-17 20:38:51

15 hours is for everyone regardless of income/work status

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Thu 29-Jun-17 20:39:37

All children are entitled to 15 hours from the term after their third birthday. It's not affected my hours worked, income, or anything. All children are eligible.

Rufus27 Thu 29-Jun-17 22:20:04

Thanks so much - appreciated!

insancerre Sun 02-Jul-17 08:37:32

The 15 hours is universal for all children from the term following their third birthday
It is claimed by the nursery on behalf of the parent
The 30 hours is only accessible to working parents and is related to income
Parents neeed to have a valid code they get from the government
2 year funding doesn't turn into 30 hours
Previously funded 2 year olds may get early years pupil premium which goes to the nursery to improve their provision

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »