Talk

Advanced search

Emergency childcare options - WWYD?

(6 Posts)
GeorgieO Fri 23-Jun-17 14:54:08

Seeking genius ideas. Had some surgery on Wednesday and I've been advised not to lift for at least a week and signed off work for two weeks. This would have been fine if my DS (20months) hadn't been unwell for over 10 days with a raging fever and showing no signs of being well enough to go to nursery. DH at wits ends because he runs his own business and is trying to do all the childcare. Both are stressful.

Sadly we don't have family who can help much (long story) and I don't want to inflict an unwell DS onto my friends with their own DC.

WWYD? I'm trying to come up with a genius plan before we all go mad/I get myself into post-surgical trouble.

QuiteLikely5 Fri 23-Jun-17 14:56:32

Hire a mothers help through an agency ?

NuffSaidSam Fri 23-Jun-17 15:01:20

Well, firstly...have you taken your son to a doctor (or two)? A raging fever for more than 10 days is very concerning! That's not your normal childhood bug.

Secondly, get a nanny or mother's help from an agency. That's really the only solution for immediate childcare. Look at sitters.co.uk as a place to start.

You could also look at childcare.co.uk, but that won't usually provide someone to come straight away.

GeorgieO Fri 23-Jun-17 15:19:58

Thanks Nuffsaid and Quitelikely 5.

Yup, he's been to GP, out of hours and been checked over by the paediatricians at our local hospital who all suggest he is fine (and we are mad). I'm not sure the weather has helped - we have now got his temperature mostly under 40C which is progess. Horribly not to be able to pick up your own poorly toddler and cuddle them!

Snap8TheCat Sat 24-Jun-17 20:53:06

Can you not cuddle on the sofa?

wheredoesallthetimego Tue 27-Jun-17 20:54:37

google emergency nanny (your area) - most agencies do them. If you're happy to pay you'll find someone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »