Talk

Advanced search

Mothers help/live in/au pair/man Friday- where shall I advertise?

(8 Posts)
bumblebee61 Sat 10-Jun-17 09:15:09

My son and his girlfriend do an awful lot of this sort of thing. It may sound strange, but they are both actors and struggle to survive financially . Much of their work comes from a company which organises children's parties who they work for at weekends, but some of it is word of mouth. They both have several child care jobs and my son used to do DIY for people. T hey are in London, don't know where you are, but it sounds rural. I would say the Lady magazine but if it's a casual as and when needed sort of thing that probably won't work . You need to make sure whoever you use is a good character and trustworthy too. An ad in the local post office? Then make sure you do as much as you can to character check them.

JoJoSM2 Sat 10-Jun-17 09:08:44

Either of those websites but you need to make sure you advertise for a housekeeper/cleaner with a bit of childcare.

West, you can offset up to £44.80 per week for accommodation in the current tax year. That amount already includes utilities.

YoureNotASausage Thu 08-Jun-17 08:12:30

Try gumtree.

WestWithTheSun Thu 08-Jun-17 08:10:07

I need an 'extra me' too, but have no idea where to look or what to pay. I have a small self-contained annex (all bills included, wifi, Netflix, etc) and can provide a car for their own use (we are rural) and also stabling if they wish to keep their own horse. What I need doing is for someone to be the responsible grown up while I am away at work (approx 10 days a month, in blocks of up to 5 days at a time.) Picking kids (age 10 and 7) up from school, taking them to activities, making sure they do their homework, helping them with their ponies, looking after my horse, putting the assorted collection of birds away at night. I worked out it would be about 60 hrs a month, so not a lot, but absolutely vital that I have someone as I am away overnight while at work. It can all be done from 3pm onwards (husband is usually around to do mornings) so would suit student or young person wanting their own space. I know I can offset salary against accommodation and other perks, but have no idea how to work this out and what is not too much but not taking the piss either. And I have no idea how you find such a person.

hopgarden1 Thu 01-Jun-17 21:27:36

Great. Thanks, I will get one on both to see what comes

cheesypastatonight Thu 01-Jun-17 18:39:19

Lady magazine for a lovely posh girl just starting out!

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Thu 01-Jun-17 18:38:45

Care.com
Its got childcare and housekeeper sections. Just put an ad in both for a joint position.
Would def be a job I would consider and I am a cleaner!!

hopgarden1 Thu 01-Jun-17 18:34:47

We think we don't want an au pair, but not a nanny as most of the help is around the house and home life. Essentially I need two of me.
We work from home doing Bed and Breakfast; run a small small holding and need help with kids drop off/pick up. So it's cleaning b&b rooms/driving kids/making tea/work outside. It's not an au pair role as it's above that; but it's not a nanny as it's prob 3 hours a day with kids; a few changing rooms maybe; a few outside-so 30 hours a week max - could be live in.
Where would I advertise?
Thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »