Talk

Advanced search

Childcare options for 3 school age children - ideas needed!

(3 Posts)
nemoni Sat 27-May-17 09:30:25

I'm hopefully starting a new job in August and trying to weigh up childcare choices. I currently work 4 days a week and husband mostly works from home, so we use after-school clubs 2 days a week. My new role (full time) will involve some national travel, local office and working from home, with occasional overnight stays. Mostly predictable and booked in advance.

Husband is in between roles but will probably be in similar situation in next role (but not sure when). On the whole I think we'll be able to ensure we are not away overnight on same day, but might have some long days.

I have 3 boys (5,6,10) - I'm trying to weigh up childcare options that mean we have wrap around care during term time and not too much juggling in holidays. I wondered if anyone has any advice and thoughts on different options, and also on how it would best work for school age children if we employed a full or part time nanny?

TheBitterBoy Sat 27-May-17 09:33:27

I have friends who have similar sounding job commitments and they have a live in au pair who does all around school childcare as required and light housework. It works very well for them.

acatcalledluna Sun 28-May-17 14:38:59

An au pair could work for you, however they always live in so it depends if you have room. It can be really, really difficult to find a part time nanny for the hours you need (wrap around during term time, and full days in holidays). If you were to employ the nanny for full days year round that would be much more appealing.

What part of the country are you in OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now