Talk

Advanced search

30 hours childcare

(9 Posts)
Sjjr23 Tue 16-May-17 09:44:40

Hello...does anyone have the telephone number to speak to someone about registering / getting a code for the 30 hours childcare in September?

Web page is / has been unavailable for weeks now

Need the code for nursery asap .....place is now at risk HELP!

nannynick Tue 16-May-17 15:51:03

0300 123 4097 though not sure how much help they will be.

You need to apply online. The system seems to not be coping that well with the increase in applications. Try it at varying times of day.
https://childcare-support.tax.service.gov.uk/par/app/applynow

Sjjr23 Wed 17-May-17 13:30:27

Thanks!

Icecreambythesea Sat 01-Jul-17 18:20:33

I know this is a month old now but did you have any joy in getting your code sorted? I'm having a pita time trying to get mine sorted.

Rainshowers Sat 01-Jul-17 18:22:16

Mine is still pending, says that they'll be in touch for more information but I've heard nothing. Nursery have said only one parent so far has managed to get a code so I'm not holding out much hope that it'll be sorted anytime soon.

singhp1 Tue 18-Jul-17 18:59:45

hi, did you manage to get a code eventually. ive done the form and every time i go to submit and send... i receive a technical error each and every time. i cant remember how many times i have tried it now.

WineBottlesHalfFull Wed 19-Jul-17 21:05:40

We managed to submit the form but got a 'we will message you when we have processed your application' message on the screen. Did anyone else get that message? How long does it take to process?

It's very odd. we don't have any unusual circumstances or anything and we meet all the criteria so I'd expected it all to be automated and fairly instant. I'm worried about loosing my child's nursery place if we don't get the code soon but it didn't give any indication of how long you have to wait. If an actual person has to look at applications it's going to take months to process confused

singhp1 Wed 19-Jul-17 22:38:29

Its good that you got a little further than myself
I just really dont understand whats going on. I raised this as issue with child care services and they will escalate... but no given timescale... i know i can get the 15 hours but having the extra would be even better..

Rainshowers Wed 19-Jul-17 22:44:14

I had a 'we will contact you for more information' message. After over two weeks of waiting I was about to give up and call them when they randomly sent me a message (via the online account) with my number. No idea what the hold up was as I know some people get their code instantly. Only thing I could think of is that we don't claim child benefit for DD so perhaps they struggled to find her details...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now