Talk

Advanced search

Need help

(4 Posts)
Ac1978 Tue 02-May-17 17:52:39

Hi I'm new here so sorry if I've put this in the wrong place.
I'm in desperate need of advice. I'm sorry if this is long winded.
I'm a dad of 5 my two eldest life 5 mins with there mum and have done for last 10 years. I have 2 boys and a girl living with me and my partner aged 10, 2 and the girl is 7.
On Friday at 10.30pm my eldest daughter (13) turned up at the door in such a state with scratches down her face. It turns out her mum had gone out with her partner and came home angry. She kicked my daughter out. Now she's always welcome here as she always has been. But the problem is room for her, we're in a small 3 bed private rented house. Me and partner in one room the boys in an other and this leaves my 7 year old in the smallest room. Due to the lay out of her room we can't have bunk beds because her room is above the stairs and having a 13 year old and a 7 year old top and tailing is fine for the odd night, as is making her a bed on the floor or sofa. But now social services are involved it's looking like it's going to be permanent thing. What help is available to me? We can't afford to move to a larger house and the number of children per room is fine with the council as they dont take into acount the size of the box room. Do i have options?
Many thanks Alan

Neverknowing Tue 02-May-17 18:26:14

You can still apply for the housing register and then you can put down your personal situation. If the box room is very small sometimes it's not even considered a room? Mine wasn't when I was a child so my family got rehoused. Go into the council office and talk to them!

Neverknowing Tue 02-May-17 18:26:36

Sorry for your situation, it sounds horrible flowers

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Tue 02-May-17 18:29:31

If the council can't house they may loan you money to assist a move if you use an accredited landlord for a private rental. You may qualify for HB with another family member.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »