Talk

Advanced search

Bumbo!

(16 Posts)
dandycandyjellybean Tue 02-Aug-05 11:20:28

Has anybody bought a Bumbo for their baby, and if so, have you found it useful? Both dh and myself think they look pretty good, and are intrigued to know if they are actually any good or just expensive gimmick.

misdee Tue 02-Aug-05 11:22:50

they are excellant, one of the best bits of equipment i have. dd3 loves it.

Kelly1978 Tue 02-Aug-05 11:28:40

both the dts love their bumbo, but they wont sit in it for too long, so I only got one to share between them in the end.

Hausfrau Tue 02-Aug-05 11:38:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lizzylou Tue 02-Aug-05 11:41:23

My DS loved his for about a fortnight, then struggled, but it was invaluable with weaning and I'm hoping it will come in handy with no.2

piglit Tue 02-Aug-05 13:18:56

Do be careful though. My ds leaned really far forward in his at about 6 months, fell over and smacked his forehead on the kitchen floor. It was his first bruise . I haven't used it since.

dandycandyjellybean Tue 02-Aug-05 13:21:42

Thanks for your feedback. mmmm..... will have to give it some more thought.

acnebride Tue 02-Aug-05 13:28:10

cubby, had to laugh when I opened this thread - i thought you were going to sit in a Bumbo while giving birth and had to give major respeck...

stacijc Tue 02-Aug-05 13:35:20

theres another thread about this somwwhere....dunno how to add links sorry

cacaboo Tue 02-Aug-05 14:18:16

Sorry to be negative - my DS didn't like it at all. Much preferred his bouncing cradle.

hamster Tue 02-Aug-05 14:22:15

Agree piglit, be careful. We sold ours as ds started getting out of it, and getting stuck in all manner of positions!
It's good for when they first start wanting to sit up, but beyond that I wouldn't recommend.
Sorry to be negative!

dyzzidi Tue 02-Aug-05 14:30:36

What is a bumbo????

CaptainCavemansMummy Tue 02-Aug-05 21:28:21

Dyzzidi, a bumbo is a tiny persons seat, looks a lot like a potty! It holds a baby who can support it's own head, in a sitting position. DS loved his until he learned to escape it at 6 months and headbutted the kitchen floor ,
but now he loves to play in it (15 months).
Easiest place to look online is somewhere like Mothercare website.

Kelly1978 Wed 03-Aug-05 10:12:12

I really don't c how anyone could wean with the bumbo? I find i need baby to be laying back so the food goes in their mouth. If I tried it with baby upright they would be all over the place and so would the pureed apple!

jenkel Wed 03-Aug-05 21:16:33

DD2 loved it too, didnt realise that there was such a thing when I had DD1. Great for when they want to sit up but cant quite manage it. Propping them up with cushions never really worked for me. DD2 still sits in it and she is 17 months.

homemama Wed 03-Aug-05 21:30:42

Thought they were great til DS tried to reach for something and fell over banging his head on the kitchen tiles. He got quite a nasty knock and I haven't used it since.
IMO, I think they are best up to about 4 or 5mths rather than the 12mths it says on the packaging.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now