Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

C-section in 6 weeks!

(6 Posts)
AnotherHelen Mon 01-Aug-05 15:44:52

Is it normal to be more worried about the spinal/epidural before the op than the op itself?? my dp thinks im bonkers! im really not that bothered about the c-secton (well maybe a little i suppose) im stressing out about the spinal before though! is this normal? should i not be more bothered by the fact they are going to be doing major surgery? this is will be my third section by the way and i was the same with my second!!! (first was emergency so cant really remember)
xxxxxx

dabihp Mon 01-Aug-05 15:50:40

I was like this - totally freaked out by spinal for csection2,(first was emergency general) thankfully they couldnt get it in, so i was put asleep again...

dabihp Mon 01-Aug-05 15:50:40

I was like this - totally freaked out by spinal for csection2,(first was emergency general) thankfully they couldnt get it in, so i was put asleep again...

joec Mon 01-Aug-05 16:49:04

yes i was more worried about the spinal than the actual op... but nothing to worry about , everything was fine and the spinal didnt hurt at all

aloha Mon 01-Aug-05 16:54:22

what are you specifically worried about? I've had two sections - both with spinals. the loss of feeling is a bit freaky IMO but apart from that, a breeze!

allgrownup Mon 01-Aug-05 20:35:57

Hi -don't thinks it'ssurprising at all -it is very clinical and weird to walk into the op roomand know what is aheadofyou - I'm having 3rd c section this weds and feel pretty sick about it (while being hugely excited about baby!).
have to say that although a bit scary having it set up (made me shake like leaf last time), is supposed to be much safer than any other (general quite a heavy duty thing), and I have'nt been clobbered by headache or anything afterwards.
I told the consultant about embarrassing shakes last time and he really kind and assured me that as they often set up spinal's on ladies in labour- they can do them when you're moving! (best keep still though!).
I had super midwife actually hold me gently while spinal set up last time......sound like a terrible baby don't I!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: