Talk

Advanced search

C-section in 6 weeks!

(6 Posts)
AnotherHelen Mon 01-Aug-05 15:44:52

Is it normal to be more worried about the spinal/epidural before the op than the op itself?? my dp thinks im bonkers! im really not that bothered about the c-secton (well maybe a little i suppose) im stressing out about the spinal before though! is this normal? should i not be more bothered by the fact they are going to be doing major surgery? this is will be my third section by the way and i was the same with my second!!! (first was emergency so cant really remember)
xxxxxx

dabihp Mon 01-Aug-05 15:50:40

I was like this - totally freaked out by spinal for csection2,(first was emergency general) thankfully they couldnt get it in, so i was put asleep again...

dabihp Mon 01-Aug-05 15:50:40

I was like this - totally freaked out by spinal for csection2,(first was emergency general) thankfully they couldnt get it in, so i was put asleep again...

joec Mon 01-Aug-05 16:49:04

yes i was more worried about the spinal than the actual op... but nothing to worry about , everything was fine and the spinal didnt hurt at all

aloha Mon 01-Aug-05 16:54:22

what are you specifically worried about? I've had two sections - both with spinals. the loss of feeling is a bit freaky IMO but apart from that, a breeze!

allgrownup Mon 01-Aug-05 20:35:57

Hi -don't thinks it'ssurprising at all -it is very clinical and weird to walk into the op roomand know what is aheadofyou - I'm having 3rd c section this weds and feel pretty sick about it (while being hugely excited about baby!).
have to say that although a bit scary having it set up (made me shake like leaf last time), is supposed to be much safer than any other (general quite a heavy duty thing), and I have'nt been clobbered by headache or anything afterwards.
I told the consultant about embarrassing shakes last time and he really kind and assured me that as they often set up spinal's on ladies in labour- they can do them when you're moving! (best keep still though!).
I had super midwife actually hold me gently while spinal set up last time......sound like a terrible baby don't I!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now