Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

If first baby was 15 days over how likely is that to happen again???????

(21 Posts)
Nemo1977 Sun 31-Jul-05 08:03:24

hi
as title says ds was 15days late was induced on day 14 but he still didnt want to budge till second day when he turned up 90mins after waters being broken and being put on drip. At the time this was great as short labour and I knew when it was happening etc. However no.2 is due week before xmas and ds will be just 2 so will understand xmas more. I really dont want to go over this time or at least not as far over as I did first time so how likely is it that this baby will be late aswell??????????????

golds Sun 31-Jul-05 09:06:25

Well my dd was due on 14 November, I was induced on 26 Nov but nothing worked, until second day, like you. She arrived after a 2 hour labour.

I didn't want to go 2 weeks over with ds, and my consultant agreed to start induction after a week, but thankfully he came on his own after a 5 hour labour on the day I was due to be induced, I was so scared of being induced again, I think I frightened him out.

Nemo1977 Sun 31-Jul-05 09:24:13

ooo golds thats what im hoping for to will this baby to come early..or at least only couple of days late..lol
Do u think if i talk to consultant at my appointment they may let me be induced after a week too...at least then i wont be fretting all over xmas

starrynight Sun 31-Jul-05 09:32:26

Hi nemo - mine have been a week or two late,early then a few days early. There's no telling I guess. you'll have to start the curry/sex/pineapple/long walks/bumpy drives early then

lemonice Sun 31-Jul-05 09:34:45

I think it depends on whether the baby was actually late when he was born, or just right but wrong dates.

I had the first two 14 and 16 days over, no 1 was not considered more than a few days late but no 2 was considered to be drawing her pension and no 3 came one day overdue date. I don't think they did inductions for late babies in the olden days.

So no help there!!

golds Sun 31-Jul-05 09:43:20

well my consultant was great, ds was due on 15 April, my SIL was getting married on 15 April, on the 12th he offered to do a sweep to get me going, I refused as wanted to go to wedding, can you believe I drove 5 hours to her wedding on my due day, mad or what, I just knew though he would be late, because of my anxiety of being induced he agreed he would get it over with rather than let me stew. I would ask, at least you will then know and can relax a little.

I was worried when I thought I was having No.3, that due date was 12 Dec, so I know how you are feeling.

myturn Sun 31-Jul-05 09:48:18

I'm afraid all 4 of mine were over 14 days late and I had to be induced with each of them. Sorry! But the main thing is they did come out in the end...

iota Sun 31-Jul-05 09:48:23

both of mine were late - ds1 2 weeks ds2 5 days, would have been more but had a C-section

lockets Sun 31-Jul-05 09:51:43

Message withdrawn

janeybops Sun 31-Jul-05 10:36:22

both of mine were 42 weeks I'm afraid.

Tessiebear Sun 31-Jul-05 10:42:13

DS1 was induced at 10 days over, DS2 arrived naturally at 7 days over, DS3 arrived naturally at 13 days over ---- if your trend is to be late you are more likely to be late again (apparently) But i am sure there are loads of people who could disprove this!!!

Nemo1977 Sun 31-Jul-05 11:17:11

thanks all
I dont mind being late as such i think its just the fact i will be on edge over xmas that worries me and also the when will they fit in my hospital appointments around it if you know what i mean..i know baby will come when ready and ds didnt budge even with all the curries, drives, sex, walks etc so doubt this one would..lol

JiminyCricket Sun 31-Jul-05 11:32:08

DD1 was 15 days late... currently four days over and counting for dd2? or ds1? My impatience is due to the fact that I'm hoping ideally for a home birth and have a lovely and very expensive birthing pool all set up ready...but I know they come when they are ready and there's not much I can do about it - having a sweep tomorrow tho. If babe has to be born in hosp then that will be as it was meant to be (I'm rubbish at waiting tho) good luck with yours x

Rachey1969 Sun 31-Jul-05 17:44:20

Quite likely in my experience!

Ds1 10 days over SROM + sweep = 12 days over
Ds2 10 days over + 3 days of prostin! = 14 days over
Dd 10 days over show + induction = 11 days over

Rachey1969 Sun 31-Jul-05 17:45:12

By the way, this one due Jan 4th and I think Christmas and New Year are safe - although I would love to be proved wrong!

Nemo1977 Sun 31-Jul-05 19:40:55

lol rachey maybe im just being too hopeful at this baby coming on time..lol Oh well i dont mind when it arrives as long as its safe, although if i go into labour on xmas day then its legs crossed till at boxing day..lol

Rachey1969 Tue 02-Aug-05 20:44:04

I would just love baby to be here for Christmas - the best present ever but I can see myself pinned to the sofa with the Baileys and a load of mince pies!

Nemo1977 Tue 02-Aug-05 20:45:29

lol rachey i think its just the fact that ds should undersand xmas a bit more this year so dont want to miss out.

Xena Tue 02-Aug-05 20:50:38

DS Due Date (I thought christmas was safe but my waters went at 10am and I had him at 4am Boxing Day)
DD1 12 days late
DD2 3 days early

sweetkitty Wed 03-Aug-05 15:19:57

My DD was 15 days early am due 14th Jan so that makes for New years Ev or Hogmanay in these parts, I would settle for a week after New Year.

Wonder if it works for early babes too ie if you have one early you'll have the next one early. Knowing my luck I'll be all prepared (unlike last time) and it will have to be dragged out in Feb.

Eulalia Thu 04-Aug-05 09:53:05

Hi just had my 3rd baby 6 days ago All 3 were totally different experiences. First was 8 days late and spontaneous, 2nd was 15 days late like you and induced and 3rd came one day EARLY so don't expect to go late again necessarily. Good luck

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: