Talk

Advanced search

would you put your birth story online?

(12 Posts)
babyonboard Tue 26-Jul-05 17:17:16

I am amazed at the amount of birth stories with loads of graphic photographs you can find online..
I could never imagine putting such a personal and intimate thing in the public domain.
one i came across was the story of a baby girl born at 24 weeks who died soon after birth, and even had pictures of the funeral.

What do you guys think?

Flossam Tue 26-Jul-05 17:19:06

Everyone has free choice. It's something usually to be celebrated. In your example, it may be very cathartic to know that people know of your loss.

babyonboard Tue 26-Jul-05 17:26:14

yes i suppose so..maybe I'm too prudish but i wouldnt want pictures of it to be available for anyone

Ladymuck Tue 26-Jul-05 17:28:43

Ds1's birth story is in an NCT book. No graphic photos though .

babyonboard Tue 26-Jul-05 17:33:06

yes of course..writing about it i can understand, and even pictures of the first stages etc, but not as much detail as I have seen..

Fio2 Tue 26-Jul-05 17:35:28

its a bit frightening reading them when its your first. i remember the baby mags with lots of close up of ladies parts and finding it all a bit disturbing

mandyc66 Tue 26-Jul-05 17:46:25

Personally I think its a special time for you and your partner. something you have created from love being born into the world. I would not have wanted to share this with anyone. Plus I hate my legs and wouldnt want anyone to see them!!
But of course this is only my own opinion and everyone will have different ones!!

mandyc66 Tue 26-Jul-05 17:46:44

posting with care thewse days!!!

RedZuleika Wed 27-Jul-05 12:37:32

In a way, the close ups might be better than the longer shots - less information to identify you in the street...

I personally think I would find it intrusive, but I know that a person who has filmed home births for documentaries is herself a midwife - so I don't know if that makes a difference to how unobtrusive she is with the camera.

mummyhill Thu 28-Jul-05 15:59:37

Personally i would not like it. However i have been known to discuss it in a small group if there are first timers there or if i am with a group of friends we tend to swap stories.

flamesparrow Thu 28-Jul-05 16:02:07

The story I would share, but not the pictures...

flamesparrow Thu 28-Jul-05 16:02:37

After pictures, yes... but not during ones

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now