Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Quick Question: How soon after c-section can you have a bath ?

(15 Posts)
hub2dee Sun 17-Jul-05 21:24:29

(Assuming wound healing nicely etc.)

Thanks.

mancmum Sun 17-Jul-05 21:25:59

well I had a shower 12 hours after mine and was told to take dressing off -- was in the bath the following day...

nutcracker Sun 17-Jul-05 21:27:03

I had a shower the day after mine and removed dressing. Then had a few more showers whilst in hospital and a bath when i got home, which would of been about 6 days post section.

CarolinaMoon Sun 17-Jul-05 21:27:18

well, I still haven't had one, eight months on

Think prob quite soon, if it is just plain water or with a bit of salt or savlon in, same as with stitches in your bits.

meggymoo Sun 17-Jul-05 21:27:45

Message withdrawn

WigWamBam Sun 17-Jul-05 21:28:08

It was the first thing I did when I got home after a week in hospital.

Just make sure that Dee is able to get back out of the bath again ... she might need a bit of help!

womba1 Sun 17-Jul-05 21:28:34

I had a shower within 10 hours of my c/s and then had a bath when i got home, after 4 days. I did need my dh's assistance to get in and out though!

hub2dee Sun 17-Jul-05 21:28:56

Oh, and I should perhaps add: is it OK (if bath right temp) to have baby in there for motherly cuddles (assuming soreness is OK, extra hands available for baby etc.).

We gave dd her first bath the other night (in a Tummy Tub) and got the timing a tad wrong, benefiting from a poo and wee in the water. Quick water change and she actually enjoyed it (pooed all over her dad, naughty thing, LOL).

Last night we ran a 37 degree bath and she came in with me for a few mins, having no squeals at all until removed from the water.

Thanks for answers so far, looks like DW is set for a swim then !

WigWamBam Sun 17-Jul-05 21:29:41

Of course it's OK to have the baby in as well!

hub2dee Sun 17-Jul-05 21:32:14

Didn't want some headline disaster: "Baby Poos in Bath. Mum in hospital with Nasty Dis-Ease"

Millie1 Sun 17-Jul-05 21:33:34

Both times I'd a bath w/in 24 hrs of section - with lots of lavender oil to aid healing (it was bliss) BUT ... thinking about it, the hospital has fantastic baths which are really short and has a seat at one end so I didn't actually have to lever myself to sitting flat IYKWIM. Proper bath at home ... 5 days post section with DS2.

Hulababy Sun 17-Jul-05 21:41:15

I had a bath a couple of days after coming home from hospital - so maybe day 5 or 6?

I had a shower the next morning, about 12 hours later. Had no dressing on my cs wound anyway, just tow tiny strips.

Prufrock Sun 17-Jul-05 21:41:36

I had my ds by c-section at the amazing John & Lizzies. The next day (and every day after that) they filled one of the birthing pools for me to have an amazing bath with ds. They left me and ds alone with scented candles and soft music (though they obv. helped with getting in and out. They also encourage your partner and other kids to get in the water with you. So go run a bath for mrs and babydee. (To avoid the exit squeals have a huge towel which has been in the tumble dryer to get nice and warm ready to wrap dd in)

vickiyumyum Sun 17-Jul-05 21:46:04

dee should be fine to have a bath now, just make sure you're on hand to get camille and to hoist dee out. the stitches make everyting v tight, as i'm sure dee has noticed when getting out of bed etc.

hub2dee Mon 18-Jul-05 13:19:35

Thank you for everyone's experiences. DW is hitting the bath tonight. I will be on hoist duty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now