Talk

Advanced search

help im starting to panic

(8 Posts)
pandagirl03 Thu 23-Jun-05 23:25:11

i have my c section booked for monday, this is my first baby.

im starting to panic really bad and im really scared.

please can someone give me some nice advice so i can calm down.

fatmomma Thu 23-Jun-05 23:34:39

Sorry I can't be very useful Pandagirl as I didn't have a CS. I do know quite a few people who have and haven't heard any horror stories. One couple said they wished someone had told them how grey the baby would be, apparently they don't usually 'pink up' with a CS and it can be a little disconcerting when you first see them.

Is there a reason to believe there might be a problem or are you just 'too posh to push' .

charleepeters Thu 23-Jun-05 23:40:55

awww pandagirl its completley normal to be worried about any op or childbirth of any type i avent had a c/s but me and my 3 sisters were all c/s and we rock! im sure you and babypanda will be fine - good luck!

mrsflowerpot Thu 23-Jun-05 23:40:56

Snap! I'm booked in for Monday too, but this is my second baby. First one was a planned c section too, and I know just how you're feeling as I was in bits before hand. Will you have dh/dp with you? How many weeks are they delivering you at?

It's scary of course but it will be fine. I do know how you feel, I know what to expect and I'm getting pretty nervous (should not have watched Desperate Midwives tonight!). It's a very calm experience, you wander down to theatre, everyone has time to introduce themselves (in our case we had met the anaesthetist already which helps because they are the one who is nearest you), there's no panic about it at all. The surgical team I had were lovely, very relaxed, talked to me all the way through. My dh was sitting right by me chatting away about all sorts of rubbish and that really calmed me down too. And once you have the baby, you forget everything else that is going on. I genuinely have no idea how long it took after ds was born.

One thing that really helped me was to write a birth plan especially for the c section - it helped me feel a bit more in control. Mine this time says things like, I want dh to hold the baby asap and be the one to bring him/her to me if possible. Also we took our own music in - and it's lovely because although I didn't really notice the music at the time, there are a couple of songs that make me immediately think of ds when I hear them and I know that it's because they were playing when he was born.

I have been told that sometimes babies born by c section do have slight breathing difficulties, I believe, but I think that is to do with them often being born earlier.

Oh and ignore anyone who says 'too posh to push'. Not helpful, not in any tiny way, thanks fatmomma.

pandagirl03 Thu 23-Jun-05 23:45:35

thanks for your advice mrs f i will be 39+1 on monday and my dp will be with me.

I'm not too posh to push my baby is breech.

i think its the unknown im scared of, and yes i was ok until i turned the tv over and seen desperate midwifes that sent me in a right panic bad idea watching that.

fatmomma Thu 23-Jun-05 23:49:59

Sorry, that was supposed to be tongue in cheek. We need a [tongue in cheek, emoticon].

Rochwen Fri 24-Jun-05 14:47:12

Oh Panda, big {{{{Hugs}}}} and support vibes !

Just think of all the positives
*No long drawn out painful labour.
*No uncertainty of when it is going to happen.
*No painful stitches in your nether regions.
*No 'bucket fanny' (excuse crude terminology)

To be honest I'd prefer a c/s to a vaginal birth any day !

Good Luck !!!

starlover Fri 24-Jun-05 14:48:45

panda... is there anything specifically that you are scared of?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now