Talk

Advanced search

Syntometrine Side Effects

(3 Posts)
flamesparrow Wed 22-Jun-05 17:34:31

I was very ill in the first few days after I had DD - dizzy, short of breath, chest pain etc, and at the time, I was putting it down to being 44 weeks pregnant when I delivered (scan date arguements).

I've recently been told that they are the same reactions that some people have to the placenta injection.

I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced it, and can shed some light for me. If it was injection related, then obviously I'll avoid it next time round!!!

After many blood tests, chest xrays, anti-coag injections, iron and antibiotics, they sent me home saying they didn't know what was wrong .

flamesparrow Wed 22-Jun-05 20:44:17

bump

strawberry Wed 22-Jun-05 21:12:24

I had these symptoms immediately after the injection for a few hours but then they stopped. DOn't know if they can continue for days.

I have recently had a second baby and opted for a 'natural' third stage. It was absolutely fine and I delivered the placenta about 20 mins after baby! It was obviously quite unusual not to have the injection as the midwives seemed quite interested in how it went. I recovered very quickly from the birth. I'm sure this happens anyway with second babies but I felt that not having the injection helped too. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now