Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Thanks to pupuce

(11 Posts)
bubble99 Sat 18-Jun-05 22:53:32

Not that she asks for or requires it, but some of you may have had some good advice from her and I fear that she is often the unsung hero of mnet. I have posted on 'other subjects' about her and if you have time or the inclination please add to the 'we need you' vibes.

We are lucky to have resident MW's, Doula's and BF counsellors here and I for one have called on them for advice.

Bloomin' hell. I sound like Bob Geldof, please shoot me now if you so wish

edam Sat 18-Jun-05 23:14:09

Pupuce, as bubble says, there are two threads running on this theme. So if this one doesn't get loads of responses it will be because people are posting on the other one!

marthamoo Sat 18-Jun-05 23:15:35

here

edam Sat 18-Jun-05 23:16:38

doh! I should have thought of that...

marthamoo Sat 18-Jun-05 23:19:33

I'm quite on the ball considering all the Pinot Grigio consumption !

edam Sat 18-Jun-05 23:21:27

You are always delightfully on the ball MM

marthamoo Sat 18-Jun-05 23:21:47

Awww

bubble99 Sat 18-Jun-05 23:26:54

Edam. I seem to recall, in my addled post-natal brain (though it's been four months now and how long am I going to get away with that excuse for) - That you were doing something about women and celebrity pressure to be thin straight after giving birth. Was that you? Am I here? Do I know? - if It was you, how did it go?

edam Sat 18-Jun-05 23:34:40

Blimey bubble, you've got a looooong memory! Yes, did an interview on Radio 5 evening programme (can't remember what it's called). Other interviewee was Lisa I'anson which felt wierd. Was just a ramble round the subject, don't think there was anything particularly earth-shattering about it. Except that of course they asked me questions I had no way of answering - often happens, they brief you on what line they are taking (or you ask them if they don't bother) and then it goes off in a different direction and the presenter says 'so, Edam... and asks me something I know NOTHING about.
Only now I've gone freelance there will probably be no more media whoring for me - I used to get asked because of the jobs I had, rather than having any special talent for telling the world what to do (save that for MN ).

bubble99 Sat 18-Jun-05 23:44:33

So, are you known for being knowledgeable on 'Wimmins isues?'

Not digging here BTW. Although I suspect you may be Susie Orbach (sp)

A subject worth discussing though. I saw a picture of Liz Hurley recently carrying her huge son. She was thin, wearing her trademark white jeans and he had muddy shoes. Am I unkind to think that, had she not known the media were there, nanny would have been carrying him?

Cooperoo Sun 19-Jun-05 06:25:08

YAY for Pupuce too. Very valuable advice clearly stated and fab support offered when people really need it. Thank you Pupuce.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now