Talk

Advanced search

When would you be in enough labour for a section to be brought forward?

(9 Posts)
LissyGlitter Tue 10-Nov-09 13:12:24

I have a section booked on Monday (weird section last time, leaving me with a high chance of scar rupture) but what if I go into labour before then? I know they would bring the section forward, but would I have to be dilated a certain amount or something before they would do it? Just a bit worried that I would have to do a few hours of labour for no reason, with all the worry of the scar rupturing on top.

luciemule Tue 10-Nov-09 13:42:19

how many weeks will you be on monday?

LissyGlitter Tue 10-Nov-09 13:57:46

39+1. DD was born at 36+4 so tbh I'm surprised I'm still here! Desperate to have the baby now as crippled with SPD.

noddyintoyland Tue 10-Nov-09 14:04:52

They'll do it as soon as possible. I rang the labour ward at 11pm as my waters had broken and I was having irregular contractions. They said to come straight in (I was due in the following morning for a section anyway) DD was born at 2.50am. Would have been sooner but someone else was already in theatre.

luciemule Tue 10-Nov-09 14:11:45

Lissy, you could be someone else I know - she's currently waiting for a section because of spd! She's also worried about going into labour before the date.
Yes as noddy said, they'll have you in straight away.

LissyGlitter Tue 10-Nov-09 14:11:55

Brill. Come on then baby, time to be born!

biggirlsdontcry Tue 10-Nov-09 14:14:40

hi lissy , i was scheduled for a second c-section on dd but she arrived 4 weeks early . my waters broke at 2am we went straight to the hospital where they monitored me to see if the labour might stop but no way dd wanted out so they left me for 7.5 hours then took me into theatre .
good luck smile x

SweetEm Tue 10-Nov-09 14:16:42

They will take you in straight away, but if you and the baby are not in any danger, they may make you wait a while depending on when you last ate. I talk from experience!! smile

p.s. but please don't starve yourself just in case!!

LissyGlitter Tue 10-Nov-09 14:20:28

What is it with the not eating? With DD, I had been eating all through the labour and got rushed in for an emergency section and nothing bad happened - was I just lucky?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now