Talk

Advanced search

MW says blood pressure is too high - what do I do?

(7 Posts)
RadlettWomble Sun 08-Nov-09 10:21:08

My sister gave birth just over a week ago, and now has high blood pressure. MW has not told her much information, only to say that it is a problem, so she is worrying. What can she do to reduce it? Why is it a problem?
It seems to be going up, rather than stabilising or going down.
How high is a problem? How long should it take for it to start coming down again?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

sandcastles Sun 08-Nov-09 10:36:51

Bit amiss of the MW not to advise! I'd tell her to see her GP asap. Did she have high BP during her pregnancy?

TwentiethCenturyHeffa Sun 08-Nov-09 10:57:12

I had high BP before and after the birth. My MW advised me to go and see the GP afterwards to get it dealt with. I was on medication for a couple of weeks and then GP took me off because he was happy that it had gone down to a reasonable level.

corblimeymadam Sun 08-Nov-09 11:00:40

Message withdrawn

LeonieBurningHeapy Sun 08-Nov-09 11:32:37

Message withdrawn

RadlettWomble Sun 08-Nov-09 13:45:45

Is there anything she can do to help bring the blood pressure down, as well as taking the drugs?
Should she be sitting down with her feet up all the time, or is it ok to be going for gentle walks around? By the sounds of things she hasn't been given any advice by the MW.
She is bf.

LeonieBurningHeapy Sun 08-Nov-09 14:28:56

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now