Talk

Advanced search

Second pregnancy 41+1 - induced with DD

(5 Posts)
Hyena Sat 07-Nov-09 12:27:59

EDD was 30th October but still no sign on baby. I was induced with DD (4) at 42 weeks and am convinced the same will happen again.

Had a stretch and sweep on Friday. MW said she could reach my cervix and I'm 1cm dilated but not effaced. Baby is 4/5ths engaged and through her scribbles I can make out a -2 which I guess is the position.

Supposed to be having another s&s tomorrow and then a third on Tues before induction is booked for Thurs/Fri.

Was desperate to go to MLU but obviously won't happen if I'm to be induced...should I just accept defeat and give up hope hmm.

TIA.

Hyena Sat 07-Nov-09 16:02:40

Went to the loo about an hour after the last post and think I may have had a show. It was very stretchy, clear, jelly-like and lots of it.

Grendle Sat 07-Nov-09 17:34:32

Sounds positive smile.

Remember, even if you're offered induction you don't have to accept it.

Hyena Sat 07-Nov-09 19:43:02

Thanks Grendle. Am reluctant to accept induction but ultimately just want the baby to be ok. Still quite happy to be pregnant even though DD is desperate to be a big sister smile.
Have had a few BHs this pm but nothing else. I've been reading that labour can still take weeks after a show - and I bet it's only there because of the S&S.

Hyena Sun 08-Nov-09 17:16:19

Second s&s this am-far more painful than the first. Little change but cervix is slightly more central. Induction is booked for Thursday at 40+13 and I'll be given a third sweep on Tuesday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now