Talk

Advanced search

Second pregnancy 41+1 - induced with DD

(5 Posts)
Hyena Sat 07-Nov-09 12:27:59

EDD was 30th October but still no sign on baby. I was induced with DD (4) at 42 weeks and am convinced the same will happen again.

Had a stretch and sweep on Friday. MW said she could reach my cervix and I'm 1cm dilated but not effaced. Baby is 4/5ths engaged and through her scribbles I can make out a -2 which I guess is the position.

Supposed to be having another s&s tomorrow and then a third on Tues before induction is booked for Thurs/Fri.

Was desperate to go to MLU but obviously won't happen if I'm to be induced...should I just accept defeat and give up hope hmm.

TIA.

Hyena Sat 07-Nov-09 16:02:40

Went to the loo about an hour after the last post and think I may have had a show. It was very stretchy, clear, jelly-like and lots of it.

Grendle Sat 07-Nov-09 17:34:32

Sounds positive smile.

Remember, even if you're offered induction you don't have to accept it.

Hyena Sat 07-Nov-09 19:43:02

Thanks Grendle. Am reluctant to accept induction but ultimately just want the baby to be ok. Still quite happy to be pregnant even though DD is desperate to be a big sister smile.
Have had a few BHs this pm but nothing else. I've been reading that labour can still take weeks after a show - and I bet it's only there because of the S&S.

Hyena Sun 08-Nov-09 17:16:19

Second s&s this am-far more painful than the first. Little change but cervix is slightly more central. Induction is booked for Thursday at 40+13 and I'll be given a third sweep on Tuesday.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: