Talk

Advanced search

38 weeks/2nd pregnancy/are things starting?

(8 Posts)
biggernow Fri 06-Nov-09 19:49:37

hello. a common themed thread I know.....the classic- am I in labour? having done it before, i am well aware I am not having contractions yet.....but a few things are making me wonder what my body is up to today. DS came at 40 weeks so probably still have 2 weeks- but am feeling most peculiar...

first of all- have been number 2's about 6 times in 2 days and given getting 1 2 out during this pregnancy has been a struggle- I am wondering if my bod is preparing....also lots of wind....poor DH.....

secondly- I can hardly walk....i am SO heavy now and incredibly uncomfortable- I feel a huge pressure on my lower back and lower abdomen

thirdly- mellow period like cramps and lots of braxton hicks

Fourthly (not a word I think!) - I am totally shattered- my full on cleaning energy has gone and all I want to do is lie down and fart.....and eat.........

I had a very fast labour with DS so am aware I need to know what is going on....

Anyone have any stories about how their 2nd labours began..........given DS was 3.5 hours (longer latent phase before this of course) and as I don't have the latent phase luxury this time- what do peops think?

Oh boy I am uncomfortable......maybe it is just wind?!!!!

ThePhantomPlotter Fri 06-Nov-09 19:55:48

I was like this on and off with my second for about a week or so before I went into labour.

The night I actually went into labour I'd been feeling better than I had done in weeks.

Something could be happening though. Good luck.

biggernow Fri 06-Nov-09 20:29:16

thanks to you for feedback...anyone else?

Grendle Fri 06-Nov-09 20:47:43

I've been like this on and off for 2 weeks now. It seems to come and go every couple of days. I also had a fast labour last time so am on the lookout for signs, as want to make sure midwife gets here this time. Currently 39+2 and still waiting smile.

biggernow Fri 06-Nov-09 21:50:03

good luck to you grendle!

Grendle Fri 06-Nov-09 21:55:54

Likewise smile.

waddlelikeaduck Sat 07-Nov-09 13:32:37

I've been getting the signs for a couple of weeks too and had a false start just over a week ago with contractions every 4 mins and so went in, got wired up angry and then it all stopped and I was sent home...

DH is feeling down as it was an anticlimax and I'm feeling grumpy as it hurts, am too big to do anything and am generally knackered! arghhh... (39+2 today, hopefully a VBAC after a C-section 10 years ago!)

Good luck everyone grin

biggernow Sat 07-Nov-09 19:32:17

luck luck luck! am trying to forget about it as much as poss..........going to say to myself there are still 2 weeks to go...roast (happy) chicken to eat tonight...oh and x factor of course!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now