Talk

Advanced search

Week overdue and completely fed up.

(8 Posts)
alana39 Fri 06-Nov-09 10:46:10

Just here for a moan really! First 2 were early and bang on time so not used to this. Also having runs of contractions in the evening (which get just to the point of being painful enough to consider getting the TENS out, then stop) whereas with the 1st 2 I just woke up in the middle of the night in proper labour. And school run doing my head in as I get the same 20 people every day pointing out that I'm still here.

Any ideas / suggestions / sympathy welcome smile

FimbleHobbs Fri 06-Nov-09 10:54:31

Reflexology worked both times I went overdue. I mainly went because it was nice to have a foot treatment... the babies arriving was a nice bonus.

I quite liked being overdue though, I am odd like that.

Much sympathy re. the school run. Some people are morons aren't they!

phdlife Fri 06-Nov-09 11:07:28

nipple twiddling worked here. within MINUTES shock grin

good luck!

slushy06 Fri 06-Nov-09 16:13:16

Remember all the people who really annoy you mine was MIL and remember every day that baby is in your stomach is probably really annoying them while they are desperate to get a hold grin.

maniacbug Sat 07-Nov-09 06:07:45

Hello - sending lots of empathy vibes - am in similar situation. First two arrived at 37w and 38w and with this one I am now 4 days over and been having 'signs' (show, cramps, backache, baby engaged, 2cm dilated) for 2 weeks now. Had sweep Mon and having contractions (definitely more than BH) 10 mins apart every afternoon/evening, which then tail off at night. Yesterday it went down to 6 mins, and then 3... but just as I was thinking 'this is it' it all stopped again! Getting painful ones now (can't sleep because of them) but not so close together. Also have been begging dh to do school + nursery run this week as can't face the 'oh my god, haven't you had it yet?' comments, although I know everyone means well!
Come + check out the 'period-style cramps at 39 weeks' thread - there are several of us now overdue/imminent and all getting similar symptoms...

Pinkcaz Mon 09-Nov-09 19:52:33

Gosh fingers crossed you won't be too much longer!!

I am 40 + 4 and booked in tomorrow to see the consultant where we are going to talk being induced apparently.

This is my first so I know this is pretty standard... that however helps by 0% lol! I can completely relate with everyone keep asking... I know they care but jeez calls, texts and emails chasing my deadline really aint helping hehe

Anyone know how long they usually go between meeting about inducing once overdue to actually inducing please?

xxx

Naetha Mon 09-Nov-09 19:54:18

Try some evening primrose oil - both orally and vaginally.

www.maternitycorner.com/mcmag/articles/preg0007.html

Pinkcaz Wed 11-Nov-09 10:22:08

Hi Alna, Any news yet???

I went for a sweep yesterday and still nothing ... booked in next week to be inducedd

Hope you're doing better x x x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now