Talk

Advanced search

Soft central cervix 2cm, os 1 finger, vx 3... Any midwives about?

(6 Posts)
corblimeymadam Wed 04-Nov-09 15:08:15

Message withdrawn

reikizen Wed 04-Nov-09 15:17:22

Is it your first baby?
Soft refers to the consistency of your cervix, so soft is positive. Central is also good, that means it is moving around your baby's head. Cervix 2cm dilated can be positive, but if it isn't your first baby it may refer to a 'multip's os'. Internal os admits one finger, again may refer to a multip's os. Not sure about vx 3? Are you sure that is what it says? Anyway, the examination may have functioned a little like a sweep and things may progress from there. I'm afraid there is absolutely no way anyone can predict how soon labour may start as you may have been like this for some time and may remain so. Don't forget that an induction carries with it the risk of a 'cascade of intervention' and also involves 'pumping yourself full of more drugs' but I understand your frustration. Good luck. Have you tried any complimentary therapies to help with your blood pressure?

corblimeymadam Wed 04-Nov-09 15:28:13

Message withdrawn

Nowtheres4 Wed 04-Nov-09 15:43:00

sounds like vx -3 means vertex at minus 3 station, which means the head is still quite high at the moment, and the 2cm with internal os admitting one finger, does make me think that this is a multips os and labour hasn;t commenced yet.
(i am a m/w although not working at present as taking career break as have a 3 yr old a 2 month old dd as well as 2 older ds)

corblimeymadam Wed 04-Nov-09 15:46:56

Message withdrawn

corblimeymadam Wed 04-Nov-09 15:50:19

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now