Talk

Advanced search

Anyone given birth in North Staffs/East Cheshire?

(3 Posts)
SpudtheScarecrow Tue 03-Nov-09 21:45:10

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of hospitals in this area. I've recently moved and am just PG with DC3. There's quite a few hospitals to choose from and I'm not sure where to start in making a choice about where to go. Main ones are North Staffs, Crewe and Macclesfield so it'd be good to hear of anyone's experiences -good or bad. (I'll probably be having a C-section tho hoping to try for VBA2C.

Thanks

IzziesMummy Tue 03-Nov-09 22:52:05

I had my DS in Macc in August. Whilst it can be very busy at times, I've got no complaints about the hospital or any of the care I received there (and I had A LOT of visits to the ante-natal clinic!)
I found the midwives to be lovely - very supportive and willing to spend time with you.
If you do go for a VBAC, there are 2 birthing rooms with pools. There are also a couple of private rooms on the ward for about £60 per night.
I'm sure you could arrange a visit to have a look round to help you decide.

SpudtheScarecrow Wed 04-Nov-09 09:03:26

Thanks Izziesmum, Macc is the one that I've generally heard good stuff about. It's the furthest away from us but still do-able so I'll probably try to go and have a look round smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now