Talk

Advanced search

Contractions starting then fading?

(3 Posts)
Stokey Tue 03-Nov-09 09:42:07

My EDD is tomorrow. Last night started getting contrections every 8-10 mins from about 8pm onwards in abdomen, thighs and lower back. More uncomfortable than agonising but definitely something going on.

About 11.30 thought i'd try and sleep so went to bed and woke up again at 1 & 2.30 still with similar spaced contractions.

But then went back to bed and sleep through the rest of the night (apart from loo break at 5) and now don't seem to be having any.

Do you think this is onset of labour? or false labour? I haven't had a show or waters break but have been having braxton hicks for a couple of weeks & last night's were more intense as well as being more regular.

PootleTheFlump Tue 03-Nov-09 09:54:59

I had exactly the same last week, had to get up and walk around the house for about 3 hours, and then it all stopped and have only had BH's since. From reading books, think it is what is called "false labour" but could still have been useful in effacing your cervix so see it as positive!

Minshu Tue 03-Nov-09 19:39:13

I had this for a couple of days before my induction date at 42 weeks - still made it for my induction appointment. Hope that you both get something more productive soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now