Talk

Advanced search

Any suggestions to..ahem.."clear myself out" before induction?

(3 Posts)
passthevino Mon 02-Nov-09 21:53:04

May have to be induced with this one (no.3)and I remember that with both my last two births was one of the labour signs was running to the loo beforehand so I felt pretty cleared out by the time the pushing started! Just wondered if I do need to be induced whether there is some natural remedy that is safe and might have a similar effect that I can take beforehand?

Otherwise I'm just going to be paranoid about pooing all over everyone!! I know it's really silly and that they see it all the time but just wanted to ask!

piprabbit Mon 02-Nov-09 23:49:51

I'm assuming your induction would start off with a prostaglandin (sp?) gel inserted up your fanjo? In which case induction will start pretty slowly and will feel very natural, so you'll have plenty of time to go through all the natural stages you went through with your first and second births.
If and when you get as far as going on a syntocin drip, you'll have been hanging around for some time and either already 'empty' or not giving two hoots.

somethinganything Tue 03-Nov-09 09:33:20

Second what piprabbit says: I was induced with 1st baby. As it happens after three of the gels, having my waters broken and going onto a drip I didn't even get close to the pushing stage before having to have an EMCS but I was completely 'empty' by that stage having been in out of the toilet like a bloody yoyo. My cousin was induced and experienced exactly the same thing - except that hers was much quicker and she had a vaginal delivery. Otherwise only suggestion would be prunes, coffee and/or plenty of water...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now